908 Wahler Place, SE
What You Will Do
· Support ~35 scholars with IEPs strategically each day (school day: 8:00 AM – 4:15 PM M, T, Th, F and 8:00 AM – 1:30 PM Wed.)
· Maximize counseling reach by providing a combination of individual and group counseling
· Assist with individual scholar and school-wide crisis intervention
· Identify community-based services and maintain mechanism for referrals for external mental health services
· Engage in additional school-wide responsibilities, such as lunch/recess duty, hallway posts, events committees, etc.
· Fulfill continuing education requirements consistent with discipline and maintain current licensure
· Collaborate with other members of the Scholar Support (SPED) team and attend any meetings for scholars on caseload
· Maintain confidential, accurate, and up-to-date scholar/family records
· Manage time, tasks, deadlines and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
· Receive continuous feedback from peers and school leaders on your practice and be expected to give the same
· Embody our core values of Determination, Respect, Enthusiasm, Accountability, and Mastery
· Exhibit an unwavering commitment to high academic achievement and character development in our scholars
· Be on campus from at least 7:30 AM to at least 5:00 PM daily
· Attend and support monthly Family Nights/events that invite families into the building
· Other duties as required to fulfill our mission in the lives of our scholars
You Must Have
· Masters degree in social work (MSW)
· Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW)
· 2+ years of experience working with children in historically underserved communities
It Would Be Nice for You to Have
· 1+ years of experience in a school setting
Who We Are
We are a public charter school network committed to historically underserved communities of Southeast Washington, DC. Our elementary school, PreK3 – 3rd grade, includes an early childhood partnership with AppleTree Institute. The middle school is an expanded model that serves 4th – 8th grade. Our mission is to prepare students to excel as high-achieving scholars and leaders in high school, college and beyond.
What We Value
· 100% Scholars: You prioritize what’s best for scholars first.
· Results Without Excuses: You set, track and achieve ambitious goals; and you own the mistakes.
· Sweat the Small Stuff: You pay attention to the smallest details to ensure smooth, predictable, and effective outcomes.
· Community Matters – Mightily: You show care and respect for others – even when the work is taxing.
· Unapologetically Mission-Driven: You have a “whatever it takes” mentality in achieving the mission.
· Many Minds, One Mission: You value and partner with parents and the community for the good of scholars.
What You Get
o Ongoing weekly or bi-weekly coaching and development from direct supervisor
o Regular internal professional development tailored to the requirements of the position and staff needs
o Opportunities to participate in external professional development that increases effectiveness in the role
· Compensation & Benefits:
o Achievement Prep offers highly competitive compensation and benefits
o Medical, vision, dental benefits
o Flexible spending accounts for transit, dependent care, and medical expenses
o 401k with automatic immediate employer matching up to 4%
· It Pays to Stay:
o Upon completion of 2 full school years of service, employees become eligible for annual loyalty incentives
o Gifts and Achievement Prep swag
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, visit us online.