OVERVIEW: Reporting to the Senior Director of Development Operations for the School of Law, the Annual Giving Officer seeks to increase participation in annual giving from alumni, parents, and friends of Fordham University’s School of Law. These gifts provide important support for financial aid, new academic initiatives, facilities, and ongoing expenses. Working closely with the Senior Director of Development Operations, the Annual Giving Officer is responsible for the strategy and management associated with increasing the number of donors from the Law School’s Affinity Programs. The Officer oversees all aspects of our Affinity Programs fundraising efforts, including the solicitation of gifts at the $1,000+ level, the management of targeted direct mail pieces for this audience, the creation of cultivation events, and the stewardship of existing donors. Finally, the Annual Giving Officer will provide operational support for multiple areas within the Annual Fund and special project initiatives.
· In partnership with the Senior Director of Development Operations, set strategy and manage the day-to-day operations of the Law School’s Affinity Programs fundraising efforts.
· Build and maintain a portfolio of 150-200 annual giving prospects. Devise and implement solicitation strategies for each prospect in pool with the goal of soliciting annual gifts of $1,000+ and multi-year commitments of $5,000+. Maintain frequent contact with donors through visits, correspondence, and telephone calls; encourage their attendance at key events throughout the year.
· Complete 150+ solicitation and stewardship visits annually with current and prospective donors; achieve 200+ solicitations ($1,000+) annually; solicit a minimum of $500,000 in new gifts and multi-year commitments for the Law School’s Annual Fund priorities; close $250,000 in new gifts and multi-year commitments for the Law School’s Annual Fund priorities.
· Write Affinity Programs specific appeal letters and emails in collaboration with the Communications staff; develop creative and new initiatives to grow giving for this population.
· Working with the Senior Director of Development Operations and the Director of Annual Giving, implements an annual outreach strategy for the Affinity Programs population around the Development team’s signature fundraising efforts (Calendar Year-end push, Giving Day, Reunion, Fiscal Year-end push, etc.)
· Develop a comprehensive stewardship program for Affinity Programs donors, ensuring they are properly thanked for their contribution and regularly engaged/communicated with throughout the year.
· Works collaboratively and strategically with other members of the advancement team and other School/University units to promote alumni involvement with Fordham Law as ambassadors, friends, and donors.
· Participate in advancement activities and events, including dinners, receptions, and alumni campus visits.
· Perform other duties as required or assigned.
· A bachelor's degree is required.
· Preferred two (2) years of progressively successful experience in frontline fundraising and development.
· Demonstrate keen understanding of annual giving strategies, constituencies, methods, metrics, and best practices preferably in a higher education setting; knowledge and experience with direct mail, telemarketing, e-campaign solicitation strategies.
· Ability to effectively communicate both written and orally with the intended audience.
· Curiosity and analytical thinking; complex problem solving; ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple projects simultaneously with close attention to detail; meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to foster strong collaborative relationships at all levels of a complex organization and professionally interacts with all levels of students, staff, faculty, and outside groups.
· Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a team environment; an ability and willingness to quickly learn both the Law School's and University's history, mission, demographics, faculty, current programs, and departments, as well as University culture.
· Comfort with using personal computers, tablets, and software programs for retrieving, organizing, researching, and presenting appropriate donor/prospect information; proficiency with MS Office Suite (advanced Excel experience preferred); experience with Banner or Reeher a plus.
· Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
OVERVIEW: Reporting to the Senior Director of Development Operations for the School of Law, the Annual Giving Officer seeks to increase participation in annual giving from alumni, parents, and friends of Fordham University’s School of Law…