The Ironbound Community Corporation (ICC) was established in 1969 as a nonprofit organization whose mission is to engage and empower individuals, families and groups in realizing their aspirations and, together, work to create a just, vibrant and sustainable community. ICC strives to address the needs of our diverse, multi-lingual, multi-cultural community. Today, ICC serves more than 1000 children and families every day with a wide range of programs and services. ICC also strengthens communities through advocacy, neighborhood organizing, and community development initiatives.
ICC is seeking a part-time Enrichment Specialist to assist with curriculum development and act as a parent liaison for the Family Friendly Center. The ideal candidate will collaborate with ICC’s Family Success Centers to aid in advancing the goals and mission of the organization and the After School Program.
This position is geared towards a candidate who ideally brings the education and background to provide quality services to After School children (ages 5-13) and their families. The ideal candidate should enjoy working children, parents/guardians, school representatives/teachers and ICC staff. The candidate will be responsible to assist in curriculum development, focusing on enrichment programming.
The Enrichment Specialist is responsible for working with program supervisor, staff and parents to design effective youth development programming. It is essential for an Enrichment Specialist to work with FFC and FSC staff, students, and parents to design an exciting and engaging schedule of programs for academic enrichment, remediation, and exploration that meets the needs of students and families. participating in City and County regional meetings, trainings, and workshops.
● Assist in developing and strengthening an after-school and summer program of extra-curricular and academic activities for students geared toward closing the achieving gap and integrating best practices such as STEM programing
● Developing and maintaining a schedule for project based learning, academic, recreational, career development, service learning and extra-curricular activities.
● Building and maintaining relationships with students, parents, Hawkins School teachers, FFC and FSC staff.
● Work with FSC East and FSC West to ensure service and resources are shared with the Hawkins School community
● Other duties as assigned
● Must have a high school diploma, college degree preferred
● Prior experience in an education program or after school program.
● Bilingual strongly preferred– English/Spanish; Portuguese a plus.
● Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
● Strong communication and leadership skills are necessary.
● Desire to serve people in need and relate to diverse populations
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
● Demonstrated effective teamwork skills
ICC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to further building and maintaining a staff that reflects the full range and diversity of our community. We are looking for a diverse applicant pool and strongly encourage women of color, persons with disabilities, immigrants, members of the LGBTQ community, and people from low-income and working class backgrounds to apply.
The Ironbound Community Corporation (ICC) was established in 1969 as a nonprofit organization whose mission is to engage and empower individuals, families and groups in realizing their aspirations and, together, work to create a just…