Encore Fellowship Network (EFN) Director of Program Expansion
- Job posted by Civic Ventures (dba Encore.org)
Encore.org is a national nonprofit building a movement to tap the skills and experience of those in midlife and beyond to improve communities and the world. Originally called Civic Ventures, Encore.org was founded in 1998 by social entrepreneur Marc Freedman and grew out of a desire to transform the aging of America—one of the most significant demographic shifts of the 21st century—into a powerful, positive source of individual and social renewal. Our ultimate goal is to create a better future for young people and future generations.
The Position: Encore Fellowship Network (EFN) Director of Program Expansion
This part-time (20 hours/week), exempt position reports to the Managing Director, Encore Fellowships Network. S/he will be responsible for designing, developing and operating a virtual Encore Fellowships Program in areas of the U.S. where Encore does not have program partners. S/he will also carry out community and corporate outreach to cultivate a robust pipeline of potential non-profit work hosts, fellow candidates and corporate, foundation and government partners and will be responsible for coordinating these stakeholders and others as needed to achieve program goals and outcomes. The primary emphasis will be on matching corporate-sponsored fellows but there will also be opportunities to create non-sponsored open market matches.
This role can be virtual, but requires office presence out of the local Encore office at least one day per week.
- Design and implement a virtual Encore Fellowships program to address the needs of Fellows, work hosts and corporate sponsors located outside Encore’s direct service and partner geographies.
- Build relationships with national non-profits, community foundations, local government and corporate sponsors to support achievement of program funding goals.
- Conduct the recruitment, evaluation and onboarding of work hosts and fellows to the program and help work hosts define appropriate, high-impact roles for fellows that leverage their knowledge, skills and abilities and provide growth opportunities.
- Design, develop and provide virtual opportunities for shared learning and networking for cohorts of encore fellows and work hosts that also enable fellows to gain a broader exposure to the social-purpose sector.
- Monitor and manage program quality including triggering and monitoring mid-term and final evaluations for each match and provide useful feedback for ongoing program improvement.
- Contribute to program evaluation and innovation and to EFN network scaling efforts.
- Other tasks as assigned.
You’re a self-starter with experience in growing programs. You’re a natural people person and you thrive on making connections and building relationships. You’re resourceful and at ease with ambiguity and rapid change. You possess a positive, can-do attitude and can juggle many important responsibilities at once.
· Bachelor's degree required.
· Minimum of 7 years of experience of successful management of a direct services program ideally in workforce development.
· Demonstrated success in achieving/exceeding program outcomes.
· Excellent relationship management skills; ability to interact effectively and professionally with a broad range of stakeholders (internal and external) and funders.
· Outstanding project management skills and ability to track and manage multiple and competing priorities.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience in working with diverse populations and well-developed cross-cultural communication skills.
A Note on Encore.org’s Culture
Our staff members are part of a social movement that challenges old norms and seeks to establish a new definition of success in later life. We are a small, geographically distributed team, committed to making a significant impact. We attract people who think about how small investments can yield big results in the service of Encore.org’s mission.
We work hard, and we value our colleagues and the causes we dedicate time to outside of working hours. We understand the importance of commitments—family and otherwise—beyond Encore.org. Vacation time is meant to be used.
As an organization focused on deploying human talent in innovative ways, we try to walk the talk. We strive to have an intergenerational team. We also encourage and sometimes require flexible work; results matter more than face time. Many Encore.org positions require some or a great deal of travel; all require the use and mastery of a growing array of virtual tools.
Perhaps most important, Encore.org is in a period of transition and growth. We work in a dynamic environment that values mutual respect, rapid response to changing conditions or new opportunities, flexibility and intelligence, as well as a sense of humor and humility. Those who thrive tend to be creative, entrepreneurial types who are dedicated to our mission and who know how to execute ambitious plans in a lean environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format, along with a cover letter describing your interest, qualifications and salary expectations to email@example.com. Name your attachment with the format: “LastName EFN Dir of PE” (e.g., “Hamilton EFN Dir of PE”). Applications that do not follow this format may not be reviewed.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will be open until filled.
It is Encore.org’s policy to employ, compensate and advance personnel without regard to race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, height and weight, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, partnership status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, arrest record and any other characteristic protected by law. We are an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply and to tell us how your service experience has shaped your career.
We are seeking to develop a multigenerational and diverse team. Qualified people of all ages and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.