Bilingual Mental Health Clinician-Fredericksburg VA
- Job posted by Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington
1101 Stafford Avenue
Bilingual Mental Health Clinician License eligible
Family Services South Region – Fredericksburg office
1 day spent in Dale City, 4 days in Fredericksburg
Therapist(s) needed to provide out-patient counseling to individuals, couples and families in the Office of Family Services, Catholic Charities, Diocese of Arlington. We are a diverse office, counseling individuals of all faiths and backgrounds, including children, adolescents, and adults. We are committed to serving our clients with a Catholic understanding of the person, marriage and family life, as well as each individual’s culture, race, religion and gender.
At Catholic Charities Family Services, we seek to enable our clients to overcome emotional and/or behavioral obstacles that prevent them from realizing their full potential. Our staff members bring compassion and varied clinical experience to the services provided to our clients. We offer counseling at 21 locations in northern/eastern/central Virginia, including some of the parishes of the Diocese of Arlington.
Client issues have included (but are not limited to) various mood and anxiety disorders, relationship concerns (including marriage and pre-marital), trauma-related issues, developmental disabilities, as well as matters related to adolescence and parenting.
- Provide individual, couples and family counseling. Coordinate services to individuals and families and maintain collaboration. Demonstrate commitment to improving client outcomes & customer satisfaction.
- Develop treatment plans and assess progress.
- Complete and maintain clinical records using electronic record software in a timely manner and according to agency policies and procedures.
- Participate in clinical supervision toward licensure.
- Operate on an increasingly independent level, with a high degree of self-awareness, requesting consultation as the need arises.
- Must be willing to travel weekly to two to three (2-3) different clinical locations to provide clinical services & work collaboratively with parish partners at both locations.
- Contribute knowledge and understanding to the staff in areas of specialization. Attend and participate in regular staff meetings, trainings, and consultation teams.
- May serve as an Assessor for the Offices of the Tribunal, conducting interviews and writing reports for persons seeking an Annulment.
- Uphold Catholic social teachings.
License- Eligible Clinician: Education, Degrees, Certificates and Experience:
- Masters in Counseling, Social Work or Marriage and Family Counseling
- License-eligible (LPC, LCSW, LMFT) in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Experience working with substance abuse treatment desirable
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
Benefits: Pension, life insurance, medical insurance (including dental and vision), vacation and sick leave, holidays (Federal and Catholic) mileage reimbursement when applicable etc. Eligible for on-site training conferring CEUs. Professional License fees paid.
Please submit cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOE. No phone calls, please.
Benefits: Benefits: Pension, life insurance, medical insurance (including dental and vision), vacation and sick leave, holiday (Federal and Catholic) mileage reimbursement where applicable etc. Eligible for on-site training conferring CEUs. Professional license fees paid. Diocesan tuition reimbursement K-12.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish a plus
Minimum Education Required