The Payroll/HR Specialist is responsible for all functions, processes, deductions, and distributions associated with Payroll processing and HR Administration. This individual works closely with all departments to ensure accurate entry, processing and reporting associated with employee compensation. The Payroll/HR Administrator will be responsible for answering team member questions, training users, and related activities.
· Data entry and information updates/changes in payroll processing system in conjunction with Accounting/HR teams.
· Monitor data coming in through self-service interface
· Payroll entry: terminations, wage changes, position changes, additional job assignment, status changes, etc.
· Payroll processing: gross-up checks, manual/express checks, retro calculation validation, time system edits/corrections, etc.
· Responsible for running/archiving routine reports.
· Payroll pre-auditing and/or processing error resolution/processing validation.
· Conduct Audits in payroll system for quarterly and other reporting needs.
· Assist with year-end auditing, close, and W-2 disbursement, including returned W-2 tracking.
· Manage/Process garnishments, FSA, 403b
· Reconcile benefits deductions from payroll with billing statements
· Work with managers to ensure employee information is submitted in a timely manner.
· Assist employees and managers with time system and questions regarding payroll and payroll taxes
· Ensure accurate audit back-up for payroll changes.
· Respond to emails and calls related to payroll, time system, self-service, forms submission, etc.
· Maintain Employee Files and Records
· Assist with other projects as necessary
Knowledge, Experience, and Key Attributes needed for Success:
· Minimum 2 years of Payroll/HR experience.
· Experience with cloud based payroll required. Paylocity experience preferred.
· Knowledge of Payroll laws and Regulations
· Possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Self-motivated with a high level of professionalism
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, technology savvy
· Able to build excellent rapport with managers and co-workers,
· Positive can-do attitude
· Excellent time management skills
· Customer first focus
· Sense of urgency
· Creative problem solver
· Ability to work discretely with sensitive and confidential information
· Experience working with multiple companies for payroll purposes
Hours: M-F, 8-5
Benefits: If you’re working over 20 hours per week you can accrue 24 days of PTO in your first year. We have a 403(b)-retirement plan with employer matching after 15 months of service and we offer a health reimbursement plan to employees and dependents. We have flexible spending accounts, STD/LTD, life insurance, and commuter benefits.
Bellwether Housing is an equal opportunity employer. No applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, age, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sensory or mental or physical handicap, or disabled veteran or Viet Nam era veteran status.
Minimum Education Required