7225 North Western Avenue
POSITION SUMMARY: The Development Associate key responsibilities are data entry into the Customer Relationship Management database, gift receipt and acknowledgement process, report generation and donor relations. This is an entry level position.
Reports to: Individual Giving Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Enter all donations into the database in a timely and accurate manner. Train and supervise volunteers to assist with entry.
· Complete accurate and gift appropriate acknowledgement letters for donations.
· Retrieve all third party gift information (Network for Good, et al) and process per standards.
· Create and carry out processes for eliminating duplicate records and record reduction.
· Create mailing lists and donor reports, as needed, in support of appeals, marketing mailings and financial management.
· Answer donor phone messages and emails in a professional and friendly manner.
· Engage donors at the shelter and at all events.
· Coordinate receipt, data entry and fulfillment of all merchandise orders and fulfillment of membership benefits.
· Utilize Shopify and train volunteers for event registration and transaction processing.
· Participates actively in Development meetings and activities, providing support as needed / requested.
· Bachelor's Degree (BA) from a four-year college or university in business administration, communications or related field.
· At least one year of experience in the not-for-profit sector, fundraising, or comparable experience in the for profit sector.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate volunteer, fundraising and community events.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Must include cover letter detailing interest in position to be considered.