Full Time Contract
Details: We offer a competitive hourly rate based on 30-35 hours per week, plus monthly bonus
506 Central Avenue
Essential Duties: These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the job functions required for this role.
- Promotes and develops employment and on-the-job training opportunities for the hard-to-employ residents such as ex-offenders (juvenile and adult)
- Develops specific job opportunities that match the participants’ skills, work experience, related training and interests
- Screens and matches ULEC participants with employment opportunities based on their skills, work experience, hobbies and interests
- Maintain relationships with existing employers and establishes relationships with new employers who are willing to hire ULEC participants
- Pre-plans development activities to ensure the identification of opportunities to meet contractual obligations
- Customizes participants’ resumes to fit identified opportunities
- Maintains file case notes and appropriate documentation about clients’ progress
- Conducts reviews of existing ULEC accounts on a regular basis to evaluate employer demand and usage of ULEC services and determines how best to improve and/or leverage relationship to meet placement objectives
- Identifies and develops a strategic service plan that serves both the employers’ hire and ULEC’s placement needs
- Schedules daily prospecting/cold calls and face-to-face meetings with employers.
- Achieves weekly, monthly, and quarterly placement goals as prescribed and in accordance with ULEC contractual obligations.
- Documents, consistently and accurately, in real time, all participant and employer contact, activities and outcomes into ULEC’s computerized case management system
- Establishes relationships with employers regarding problems, complaints, and progress of recently placed applicants and recommends corrective action
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities that will be assigned from time to time
- Maintains contact and dialogue with employers and respond to their concerns
Job-Specific Competency Statements
- Sales Ability – Ability to effectively network with others and influence them to change position and/or to convince them to hire individuals with criminal convictions.
- Analytical Thinking – Ability to anticipate problems and develop contingency plans to deal with them as well as evaluate and implement alternative courses of action.
- Persistence – Ability to continue a course of action in the face of adversity.
- Energetic – Ability to bring and sustain considerable stamina and vigor to all aspects of the work.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Must be computer literate and proficient in MS Office Applications—Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. Must have the ability to review and use Labor Market Information (LMI), to analyze data, to prioritize and organize information and tasks, and to customize job seekers’ resumes. Proven ability to manage client relationships is essential.
Skills to be learned on the Job
1) In-house database navigation; 2) knowledge of state/federal employer incentives and other incentive programs
Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
Previous successful experience in job development to ex-offenders, recruiting, and job retention services is highly desirable. Business-to-business services and customer relationship management, with an emphasis on employer outreach and service to disadvantaged populations is a plus.
Minimum 2 years of experience in an inside or outside sales function, including account management experience acceptable:
- Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle and proposing, presenting and discussing a product with decision-makers
- Successful track record of achieving and exceeding sales/prospecting quotas on a regular basis
- Ability to report to management clearly and in a timely manner on sales activities.
- Energetic – Ability to bring and sustain considerable stamina and vigor to all aspects of the work Knowledge of the city where the office is located
- Requires minimum supervision, able to work independently and maintains a supportive and cooperative environment with colleagues
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred (not required)
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation, as this position requires regular local travel.
- We offer a competitive hourly rate based on 30-35 hours per week, plus monthly bonus
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We offer a competitive hourly rate based on 30-35 hours per week, plus monthly bonus
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual a plus
Minimum Education Required