3935 Macomb Street NW
Responsible for co-managing all Temple communications, marketing materials, and public relations activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Assist with the development of an annual, integrated communications planning matrix to effectively promote Temple activities via the appropriate vehicles to the membership and community-at-large.
- Oversee the production and scheduling of all Temple communications materials including, but not limited to, the Journal, e-newsletters, emails, brochures, electronic bulletin boards, press releases, stationery, flyers, and other publications/special announcements.
- .Participate in maintaining content consistency, design standards, and brand integrity for all Temple and Auxiliary materials.
- Coordinate the collection of material and articles from all Temple constituencies for publication in all Temple materials.
- Assist with the development of a strategy for the use of social media within the Temple’s communications and marketing initiatives; participate in executing the Temple’s social media initiatives.
- Create and implement a public relations strategy for the Temple, including, but not limited to building and maintaining press contacts, pitching story concepts, and enhancing the profile of WHC and its leadership.
- Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of material content on the Temple website and in all Temple communications and marketing vehicles.
- Ensure that the integrity of the WHC Style Guide is applied to all materials.
- Work with the appropriate staff to develop a budget for marketing and communications initiatives; manage the marketing and communications programs to ensure adherence to budgetary guidelines.
- Support in the production of all marketing and communications initiatives.
- Work with the appropriate staff to ensure the Temple’s Information Technology infrastructure can support the Congregation’s communications goals.
- Coordinate and manage vendors, suppliers, and any outside firms contracted to support the Temple’s communications and marketing programs.
- Together with the appropriate staff, design, compose content, and produce marketing, publicity, and communications pieces for all Temple activities.
- Participate in Senior Staff meetings as directed.
- Work as part of a team to create a professional atmosphere in the work environment and to serve the Temple’s constituencies with excellence.
The candidate should possess a minimum of 5 years experience with demonstrated success in marketing, communications, and public relations. He or she should be creative with strong writing, editing, and design skills to produce interesting and appealing communications materials and content. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and developing and implementing a social media campaign. Attention to detail, ability to proof read, and being highly organized are necessary qualifications for the successful execution of this position. A background in or familiarity with journalism and writing are desirable attributes. The ability to multi-task and to create/maintain a schedule are key qualities in a successful candidate. He or she should also work as a team player with the ability to both manage others and assist with the execution of required projects.
Minimum Education Required