District of Columbia
Reports to: Managing Director for Communications
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time; Exempt
The Hub has an immediate opening for a Communications Manager to develop and execute targeted communications plans that elevate progressive policy ideas and give voice to public campaigns.The Communications Manager will work closely with the Managing Director of Communications and other members of the communications team to advance the narrative of the Hub’s campaigns.This position will also focus specifically on the Navigator Research project, a monthly qualitative and quantitative research project that aims to provide a consistent, flexible, responsive tool to inform policy debates.The Communications Manager will work with the Communications Director and Associate Director for Polling and Analytics to help coordinate and manage this monthly polling project.
As a Communications Manager, you’ll…
- Draft communications content, assist with developing messaging guidance, and write materials for partner organizations
- Help manage the distribution and communications elements of the monthly Navigator Research project
- Build and maintain strong relationships with national and local communications professionals
- Collaborate with colleagues on the campaign, digital, and research teams to advance the various campaigns
- Provide communications support for The Hub’s campaigns, including press rollouts, partner engagement, event management, and earned media outreach
- Work with the Communications Associate to monitor print, online, and broadcast media coverage related to specific campaign issues
- Work with the Communications Associate to draft press releases, media advisories, and op-eds
- Perform other duties as assigned
- You have a bachelor’s degree
- You have three years of communications experience with a political campaign, in government, or in a consultancy environment
- You are an excellent writer with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences and write quickly and in a compelling manner
- You have an excellent understanding of earned and social media
- You are eager to adapt to the latest technology and employ creative communications strategies
- You have experience as a coalition builder and with managing principals and/or partnerships
- You are extremely well organized, detail-oriented, and analytical
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- You have an energetic ability to multitask and manage projects in a fast-paced and changeable environment
- You are flexible and open to evolving responsibilities
- You have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well on a team or independently
- You have a sense of humor and a willingness to work hard
- You are committed to a just, inclusive, and robust economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans
In addition, it would be a bonus if…
- You have prior experience working on a campaign or with polling
- You have experience interacting with reporters and directly pitching press
- You are familiar with how to communicate about economic policy and/or health care
About The Hub
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort made up of a growing team of communications, research, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics.
We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
Careers at The Hub Project
The Hub is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
E-mail your resume and cover letter as PDF or Word attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.