530 West 166th Street
4th Floor - Neighborhood Trust Financial Partners
JOB POSTING: Special Assistant to the CEO
Neighborhood Trust Financial Partners (NTFP) seeks a full-time Special Assistant to ensure that the CEO has a skilled, accountable resource to support her effectiveness. The Special Assistant will focus on external relations, project and time management, and team-building and internal communications, as well as serving as a researcher and sounding board on select external and internal projects.
ABOUT NEIGHBORHOOD TRUST
Neighborhood Trust’s mission is to empower low-income individuals to become productive participants in the U.S. financial system and achieve their financial goals. Neighborhood Trust today is a national leader in the growing worker financial empowerment field. We serve nearly 10,000 clients each year and we are cultivating our model as a scalable social venture that incubates technology-led financial services innovations sold to employers and financial services providers. We are growing quickly with strong support from leading foundations and strategic partners, helping us expand our national reach. Neighborhood Trust has received awards and recognition as a leading innovative nonprofit seeking to alleviate poverty and as a developer of financial solutions.
The Special Assistant will report to the CEO and will work closely with Neighborhood Trust’s Executive Team and External Relations Team. The Assistant will interact with Neighborhood Trust’s individual donors, Board of Directors, and strategic partners. The Assistant will also immerse her/himself in the financial empowerment and job quality industries and help cultivate Neighborhood Trust’s role as thought leader. This is a strategic and organizational role. As the CEO’s ‘trusted counsel’, the role requires a highly- resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation, and strong project management, writing, and analytical skills.
This Associate Director-level position reports directly to Justine Zinkin, Neighborhood Trust’s CEO, and encompasses five primary accountabilities:
• Management of Major Gift relationships, focusing on individual donors. The Assistant will help design and execute on tailored cultivation and relationship management efforts for a growing number of donors and prospects of Major Gifts and other key relationships.
• Preparation for and follow up on “critical path” CEO meetings (e.g., with executive leadership, partners, funders, board members and peer executives). Communications range from the CEO update at Board meetings, to follow up correspondence related to the CEO’s meetings, to various speaking engagements involving external audiences.
• Coordination of and independent leadership on special projects ranging from staff meeting presentations to thought leadership pieces to be authored by the CEO to convening thought leaders on various topics.
• Support the executive team’s communications with the CEO: The Special Assistant will help facilitate decisions the executive and senior staff need receiving feedback on from the CEO. S/he will support the needs of the executive and senior staff in their ability to raise critical issues with the CEO.
• Project management, including coordination of time management and work planning; helping to balance external relations efforts (funder meetings, conferences, etc.) with strategic and management priorities.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate
• Has exceptional project management skills
• Is a natural writer
• Is adept at polished and persuasive communications with diverse “VIP” constituencies
• Thinks on her or his feet and has a high processing speed
• Is extremely organized and strong on timely execution
• Is a horizontal thinker
• Takes a glass-half-full approach to today’s challenges
• Gives everything 10% more than it requires
Some Things to Look Forward To
• High performers at Neighborhood Trust are given substantial opportunity to grow and develop.
• The team is passionate, smart, entrepreneurial and creative.
• Our work matters! We aim to ensure low-income families become financially secure.
• Financial inclusion is a young industry and financial services are ripe for innovation.
• We are an organization in perennial transformation mode so you will be an architect of something creative and impactful.
• We offer competitive salaries and benefits packages.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email your resume along with a written description of why you want to join Neighborhood Trust’s team and what value you’ll add (think cover letter, but more direct and real) to email@example.com with the subject line “Special Assistant to the CEO”
Neighborhood Trust is committed to a workplace culture of collaboration and respect. We are dedicated to ongoing professional development for our employees, supporting career growth and opportunities for advancement within the organization. Neighborhood Trust is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.