New York City
Job Title: Institutional Relations Manager
Reports to: Director of Development
Position Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Footsteps supports and affirms individuals and families who have left, or are contemplating leaving, insular ultra-Orthodox Jewish communities in their quest to lead self-determined lives. We provide crucial peer and professional resources and support as people embrace the challenge to redefine their identities, build new communities and establish self- determined lives. Footsteps nurtures a network of individuals so that they not only survive in their new world, but thrive. Since Footsteps’ founding in 2003, the organization has served 1,500 individuals and in 2018, our budget will exceed $2 million. To learn more visit www.footstepsorg.org.
Footsteps is seeking an articulate and organized professional to serve as the organization’s first Institutional Relations Manager. Their primary role is to cultivate and coordinate a growing $1M portfolio of active and prospective foundation supporters. This position includes tasks ranging from maintaining a grants calendar and submitting proposals and reports to developing relationships with institutional partners. The Institutional Relations Manager will play a critical role on Footsteps’ development team, working collaboratively to establish annual fundraising goals and regularly assess performance toward goals.
Job responsibilities include:
· Oversee and manage processes, working closely with Executive Director, to devise cultivation and stewardship strategy for institutional donors and prospects
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with donors and prospects, keeping them informed of program developments through site visits, meetings and updates
· Work closely with Development team to ensure that foundation supporters are invited to special events
· Represent Footsteps in external outreach and networking spaces
· Manage grants calendar and keep track of deadlines
· Compile and submit grant proposals and reports
· Maintain accurate and organized institutional fundraising records, including documentation of communications as well as grant commitments and reports
· Build relationships and collaborate closely with program staff to develop strong working knowledge of Footsteps programs
· Manage project budgets and ensure that grant requirements are met
Writing and Editing
· Work closely with grant writer to develop compelling grant proposals and reports for institutional funders and prospects
· Assist individual giving team in developing proposals for major donors and family foundations
Competencies and Qualifications
· Passion for Footsteps mission and values
· 5+ years of relevant professional experience
· Strong written and verbal communications skills, able to articulate the importance of the organization’s work to prospective and current funders
· Demonstrated ability to develop, foster, and sustain relationships
· Highly organized with strong attention to detail and commitment to documentation
· Comfort working in a fast-paced, growing organization, including flexibility to simultaneously perform a wide variety of tasks
· Self-starter and able to work independently and in a team environment
Location: New York City (with flexibility for remote work)
Start Date: Immediate
Salary: $50,000-60,000 commensurate with experience
How to apply: For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your name and "Institutional Relations Manager" in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Footsteps. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Footsteps is an equal opportunity employer. Immigrants, people of color, formerly ultra-Orthodox individuals, LGBTQIA people, people with disabilities, and people who come from poor and working-class backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Footsteps does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum Education Required