32 Walnut Street
Youth Services has been a highly-respected part of the Windham County of VT community since 1972. Our mission is to provide transformative prevention, intervention and development programs for young people and families in Windham County communities. Youth Services is a supportive, creative, dynamic workplace. We offer a competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
We are seeking a dynamic Director of Restorative Justice to lead an array of programs that relate to the intersection of the law and social services. These programs include Adult and Youth Court Diversion, the Youth Substance Abuse and Safety Program, Victim’s Assistance Services, Supervised Visitation and the Pre-Trial Program. We are looking for a collaborative leader comfortable working across disciplines and working with a variety of constituents including the State’s Attorney’s Office, Law Enforcement, social services providers, schools, community volunteers and other partners.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline to apply: Ongoing until position is filled
· 1) Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice; 2) holds a license as a clinical social worker with focus on family and youth; or 3) a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or Social Work with at least ten years of experience may be considered in absence of a Master’s Degree.
· In addition, the ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience in a youth or human service setting with direct client service, personnel management and project management experience.
· Strong knowledge of criminal justice system, law enforcement, family systems and adolescent development is helpful.
· Experience providing supervision to professionals
· Experience with crisis intervention.
· An understanding of the impact that trauma and toxic stress has on individuals
· A social justice orientation to service work that emphasizes compassion, empathy, advocacy and instilling hope.
· Excellent organizational and communication skills.
· The ability to balance multiple roles when interfacing with clients and team members.
· Must have reliable transportation. Ability to travel statewide to partnership meetings and trainings.
Minimum Education Required