5 Pennsylvania Plaza
Amnesty International USA (AIUSA) seeks a collaborative and entrepreneurial Internal Communications Associate with superior writing, organizational, and communications skills. The Internal Communications Associate will be an integral piece of the organization, charged with developing systems and infrastructures for staff and volunteers to share and access information. They will also create content for a variety of stakeholders and audiences as well as keeping members updated on Amnesty’s campaigns, plans, and actions.
The Internal Communications Associate is a member of AIUSA’s Public Affairs Department reporting directly to the Deputy Executive Director of Public Affairs.
- Create and manage tools and systems for staff and others to build internal communications into their own work and to feed into a unified calendar and process for communicating internally.
- Develop strategies for keeping staff and volunteers informed about AIUSA’s work in a timely fashion.
- Develop short-term and long-term work plans to implement these strategies.
- Draft memos, updates, newsletters, talking points, bulletins, and other material that provides concise, useful, timely information to internal audiences. Produce polished, effective drafts under tight deadlines while juggling multiple other projects.
- Regularly solicit feedback from staff at all levels and volunteer leaders to help shape the strategy and content of the internal communication, and make adjustments as needed. Create and maintain systems for getting feedback and measuring the effectiveness of internal communication.
- Partner with senior staff and department leaders across the organization and provide counsel when they have internal communication needs or challenges.
- Function as a utility player as part of the communications team, contributing to other projects as needed, particularly in developing presentations/speeches and conducting short- and long-term research assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- At least 3 years of experience in communications or public relations, with at least some responsibility for internal communications.
- Experience in developing strategies for disseminating content across multiple channels.
- Strong experience using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, etc, as well as Google Drive and Docs for collaboration.
- Basic knowledge of Slack, HTML, CMS, CRM, Wordpress
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All qualified candates must apply online at our careers website: careers.aiusa.org
Amnesty International USA is an Equal Opportunity employer.