Reports to: Website Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Working as part of a small Digital team, Brooklyn Botanic Garden’s associate web producer supports the maintenance, development, and assessment of bbg.org and other digital platforms, ensuring that all public-facing properties are engaging, accurate, and performant. The successful candidate will be a collaborative self-starter who brings hands-on familiarity with the technical aspects of the job, strong communication skills, and a keen eye for detail.
- Produce and maintain content and templates for bbg.org and associated properties, following house style and existing design/UX patterns.
- QA pages for content accuracy and completeness, accessibility, responsive behaviors, and cross-browser functionality. Troubleshoot HTML, CSS, and other front-end issues.
- Support maintenance of the CMS, servers, and databases, optimizing performance and security.
- Collaborate with colleagues on updates, new functionality, documentation, and other digital projects. Execute for coherent end-to-end user experience.
- Use analytics to track and report on user behavior. Research, analyze, and distribute periodic reports to colleagues. Propose ways to deepen user engagement through content and design.
· Perform other related duties or special projects as directed.
- Confident self-starter able to work both independently and collaboratively
- At least 3 years’ experience producing websites and performing full-stack development, including using agile methodologies with small teams
- Expert understanding of web production processes and up-to-date knowledge of web standards, semantic markup, and best practices
- Excellent UX design sense; familiarity with WCAG accessibility requirements
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with technical and nontechnical staff
- Agile, detail-oriented approach to projects; ability to set and meet realistic deadlines for multiple concurrent projects
- Experience using Google marketing/developer platforms
- Experience with Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- Experience with MVC frameworks like Laravel
- Experience with image management platforms and/or CDNs
· In your cover letter, please provide links to representative projects or an online portfolio, with an explanation of your role in each project.
· Note: Although many Garden staff are presently working from home, this is not a remote position; the associate web producer will work on premises when on-site staffing is restored.
Apply online at bbg.org/about/careers.
No telephone calls for position inquiries, please. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the online system may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brooklyn Botanic Garden is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.