Details: Yearly Salary
• Reconcile department budget and expenditures for Operating, Capital and R&R budgets for projects being overseen by Facilities Services; prepare budget reports for Executive Director, oversee and reconcile expenditures on P-card as well as petty cash management and performs departmental chargebacks for services and/or materials.
• Responsible for managing account dispute resolution, completing budget transfers and managing change orders
• Create annual Request For Proposals for custodial, maintenance and grounds services materials for the submission of blanket purchase orders.
• Collaborate with Executive Director of Facilities for review of expenses, assist in developing budget projections and provide guidance for short-term and long-term planning for renovations and construction projects
• Work in conjunction with College's Risk Manager and General Counsel's Office on contractor and consulting agreements; source, negotiate and evaluate contracts for facilities infrastructure and maintenance, including construction, building-wide systems, elevators, supplies and materials, cleaning, pest prevention, and others
• Control expenditures in accordance with budgeted amounts; review and authorize purchase of supplies, services and equipment within limits set by administrative official; evaluate and recommend or implement improvements in cost control practices.
• Prepare and distribute allocations and associated schedules to calculate funding sources for allocations. Updates and maintains changes to allocations as needed. Maintains budget databases and models used for allocations and trending analysis
• Perform weekly and bi-weekly payroll processing for TWU , 32BJ and 2110 union members.
• Enroll new employees, troubleshoot time clock issues and assist with identification cards through the ADP TimeSaver software and hardware
• Post vacant Facilities Services job openings in PeopleAdmin, review applicants with the hiring Manager, Associate Director or Executive Director, and participates in the interview process
• Provide updates to the Megamation work order system and ensure that workorders are completed and closed. Complete quarterly reporting of outstanding workorders. Work with Megamation support team to address any system issues.
• Maintain and update roster for all uniforms and uniform lockers for staff. Submit requests for changes, order approved apparel and oversee annual shoe reimbursement
• Responsible for maintaining department issued equipment as well as the office's computerized systems (work order, time and attendance, hard drives, etc) in good working order as well as work with BCIT in the purchase of new hardware and software programs. Assist with the implementation of new software and training for staff
• Actively seek opportunities for improvement of services, operating efficiencies, and cost savings through relationships with vendors, internal and/or external collaborations, and evaluation of current practices
• Evaluate and implement business operations, processes and procedures
• Manage administrative office staff and oversee daily operations of the Facilities Office
• Maintain and update the department's webpage
• Additional duties as assigned
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Strong human relations skills; ability to effectively communicate orally, in writing and electronically with staff, peers, and other College and outside contacts
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a service oriented environment subject to frequently changing priorities which may require re-prioritization of daily operations
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills, sound judgment and ability to understand and apply the College's and Department's policies and procedures
• Ability to react to demands within difficult time constraints
Open Until Filled
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Required Qualification Summary
• B.S. in Business Administration and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Three to six years' of financial management experience, including budget development and administration; broad knowledge of Facilities Services
• Supervisory experience essential, including experience managing union-represented staff
• Strong computer knowledge base at the advanced level: word processing, spreadsheet and accounting programs, databases, web and email
• Demonstrated understanding of manual and computerized accounting/bookkeeping systems including purchasing, accounts payable, billing, inventory control, accruals, computer operations, and other related requirements; strong analytical skills, ability to be flexible and objective
Preferred Qualification Summary
• Understanding of an academic environment, and proven leadership ability
Minimum Education Required