635 Frogtown Road
We are seeking a Family and Program Assistant who will be responsible for supporting the Family and Program Director (FPD) and Academic Director (AD) in the administration of the summer program, K-12 school year program and the Parent Council and parent programs. The Family and Program Assistant will report to the FPD and work in partnership with the AD and the rest of the six person Horizons team.
Program Data Management and Administration
§ Coordinate the receipt and tracking and organization of admissions and re-enrollment forms. Communicate with families regarding requirements, deadlines and missing or incomplete materials
§ Prepare, distribute, collect, track and follow-up on all required student forms to ensure that student files are accurate and complete
§ Input required data into Education Edge database, ensure accuracy and run requested reports
§ Act as database liaison to Horizons National and complete all required reports
§ Collaborate with Marketing and Development Coordinator to develop annual data fact pack
§ Track, follow-up on and process tutor and academic coach invoices
§ Take parent calls and provide timely and accurate information in response to parent questions and concerns.
§ Manage the parent portal of the website, ensuring that parents can access the most up to date schedules, forms, calendars, bus routes, etc.
§ Track, follow-up on and process registration fees and Parent Council dues
Project Management and Event Planning
§ In partnership with the AD and FPD, assist with the planning and execution of parent and student programs and special events
§ Prepare master calendar for school year programming and events
§ Attend all parent and family meetings and events, track attendance, and provide translation, as necessary
§ Provide translation of written family communications, as necessary
§ Recruit program volunteers from Horizons families, Board and Board of Governors
§ Coordinate volunteers and track volunteer hours
▪ Track, file and follow-up on all required student forms to ensure that student files are complete and accurate
▪ Organize and upload medical forms to nurse portal prior to the start of the summer session
▪ Coordinate field trip and special event logistics
▪ Prepare summer master schedule and update, as necessary. Assist FPD and AD in creating special event schedules, class and program schedules, class lists and other summer organizational materials
▪ Manage attendance and dismissal procedures and tracking
▪ Plan and oversee photo day
▪ In partnership with development and Marketing Coordinator, manage the process of collecting and distributing donor and volunteer thank you notes
Generous, health, retirement, and vacation benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required