Details: Will discuss compensation with serious applicants.
Insight Meditation Society (IMS) is seeking an experienced IT professional to provide technical support for computers and peripherals, communications and sound systems, networks including LAN and Wi-Fi, and Google Suite apps. The IT Specialist also supports the use and development of YES (IMS’s customized Microsoft Access database program), including design, testing, maintenance and documentation.
· Work with IT Manager to deploy and maintain computers, peripherals, network, audio/visual, telephone and office equipment; perform basic computer repairs and upgrades.
· Monitor performance of applications and database; respond to errors and emergency problems.
· Use coding methods for VBA and SQL queries to enhance or initiate efficient program execution and performance and to reach optimum hardware utilization.
· Maintain integrity of program logic and coding; establish required checks and balances for operational controls.
· Meet programming assignment goals and objectives within specifications, with accuracy and timeliness.
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of computer operating procedures and standards; independently correct problems encountered during systems operations.
· Code, test and debug Access database application; install successive versions of the program.
· Design/maintain MS-Access forms, reports, and JET tables.
· Assist with analysis of data processing functions, methods and procedures; make recommendations.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience.
· 2+ years’ experience as a computer programmer, database application programmer, software engineer, and/or database administrator or equivalent experience; basic knowledge of MySQL.
· A+ Certification or equivalent experience maintaining, customizing, and operating PCs.
· Experience with audio/visual systems including microphones, amplifiers, projectors, televisions/displays, and recording equipment.
· General knowledge of data processing system design methods, techniques and standards.
· Good interpersonal skills; clear, effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work with limited supervision; good time management skills.
· Ability to think logically for interpreting and analyzing problems assigned or encountered.
· Resourcefulness and ability to take the initiative in development and completion of work projects.
· A commitment to upholding IMS values and ethics and a sincere interest in meditation and practicing mindfulness in daily life.
This is a full-time position offering health benefits, retirement plan, meal plan options and generous paid time off, as well as abundant dharma resources and support, all within a friendly and caring environment.
Minimum Education Required