The Dialogue Advisory Group (DAG) is an independent organisation based in Amsterdam that facilitates political dialogue to reduce violence. DAG creates or advances political dialogue between armed groups, governments and international organisations in conflict situations. DAG is looking for a Programme Manager to support its work across different projects, with an open and creative attitude to conflict mediation and the ability to work under pressure in volatile and non-linear political contexts. For more information about DAG’s work, visit our website here.
• Design, manage and implement mediation projects, as well as monitor financial requirements;
• Liaise and coordinate with diverse range of local and international actors related to project activities;
• Fundraising and related grant management;
• Represent DAG with policy makers, donors, and in international fora;
• Supervise and provide guidance to project staff and consultants;
• Contribute to organisational strategy and development.
• 5-10 years of professional experience in a relevant field, dealing with issues such as peace mediation and political dialogue. Specific expertise in a conflict-affected country or region is considered an asset;
• Demonstrated knowledge of political and security actors;
• Proven and well-developed relationship-building skills, as well as strong networking skills;
• Strong ability to work as part of a team;
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as strong writing skills;
• Politically sensitive and empathetic approach towards partners and local actors;
• Project management experience with a government, international organisation, or NGO is highly desirable,
including managing financial requirements;
• Ability and willingness to work under pressure and travel to conflict-affected areas;
• Strong commitment to diversity;
• Fluency in English. Working proficiency in one of the following languages: Arabic, Farsi, French, Mandarin, Russian or Spanish is considered a strong asset.
WHAT WE OFFER
• An opportunity to contribute to high-level political dialogue initiatives;
• An informal, engaging, international working environment, with opportunities to learn and develop skills;
• Remuneration package, based on 40 hours per week, depending on professional and academic experiences;
• A one-year contract with the possibility of extension, depending on performance, organisational requirements
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
DAG acknowledges the complex and cumulative barriers to accessing jobs in the field of mediation, often based on multiple forms of inequity or discrimination. DAG gives priority to increasing diversity in the field of mediation, and especially encourages women and people from different and multiple marginalised groups (sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, race, religion etc) to apply.
• Please apply with a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “DAG Programme Manager”;
• Please indicate whether you are already in possession of a valid work permit for the Netherlands;
• Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis;
• References may be requested prior to a contract being offered.