6701 Wisconsin Avenue
Would you love working in Education? Passionate about Making a Difference?
We can help you find a way to use your skills, knowledge and experience to support a hopeful and exciting vision. Join our team working at a local private Montessori school - even if you have limited Montessori experience and need to figure out how to get started!
Our mission is to provide a learning environment in which personal growth is valued as much as academic excellence. Supported by the foundation of our curriculum are five essential pillars:
- Inner Awareness
- Understanding of Other Cultures
- Appreciation for All LivingThings
Want to learn about our amazing school? Go to www.OnenessFamily.org for information about our programs.
For the 2017-18 School Year - Oneness-Family School in Chevy Chase, Maryland seeks an assistant toddler teacher in order to carry out the School's mission of peace education within our 2-3 year old program. For over 29 years, the Oneness-Family School has educated children to become leaders of tomorrow and it is very proud of its richly diverse and international community of faculty, staff and students.
This is a part-time position that would work on a 11:30pm - 6pm regular Monday to Friday schedule with options for additional hours for highly qualified candidates. This job involves work as an assistant/aftercare teacher in our 2-3 year old classroom and aftercare program. Positive interaction with students, parents, faculty, staff, and visitors to the school are expected every day in every situation. This is an amazing entry level position with excellent opportunities for advancement in all fields of eduction. In addition to the tutoring, there is general aftercare duties that include transitions, outside play time, snack and a variety of other activities.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Must be MSDE approved
- Childcare or teaching experience in a fast-paced professional setting where children come first (school, camp, summer pool, church, etc.)
- Experience with children and/or families
- Excellent interpersonal skills - makes positive connections with people easily and naturally
- Calm and approachable; not easily irritated or frustrated
- Communicates well orally and in writing, Fluent in English
- Discreet and trustworthy - must be able to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner and also communicate effectively when sensitive information must be shared for the good of the individual or community; Shares information appropriately
- Time management
- Kind and Generous Team Player
- Current or Recent College Student Preferred
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter indicating the position (Assistant Toddler Teacher) for which you are applying, a resume, and three professional references via email to email@example.com. Please us the subject line "Assistant Teacher Position"