37 West 26th Street, 7th floor
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexity, chronic health conditions, significant disabilities and behavioral challenges. To assist in achieving this mission, NAC is currently seeking a Research Manager to join the Research and Evaluation Department.
NAC’s Research and Evaluation Department conducts studies and program evaluations to assess the effectiveness of NAC’s programs and to better understand the needs of its clients. It also works with many of the agency’s departments to respond to their information needs by compiling, analyzing and reporting on agency-wide data. Data is collected using social science research methods and instruments and is also extracted from NAC’s Electronic Health Records System and other agency databases.
Description of Responsibilities:
A. Provide research support for program evaluations and research projects, and generate program performance measures and data reports.
- Follow the study design for collecting cross-sectional and longitudinal data, process and outcome measures.
- Coordinate research and evaluation activities:
- Set up systems for data collection by direct service staff, and manage and track all data collection, storage and extraction activities.
- Train and supervise interns and freelance data collectors in recording, transcribing and coding behavior therapy videos for data analysis.
- Maintain data storage and tracking systems for video file storage and assignment.
- Ensure integrity and validity of research data.
- Identify relevant external data sources and extract information to use as comparison data.
- Streamline data entry processes by designing databases and setting up spreadsheets and user-friendly forms.
B. Use of R or other statistical program to perform statistical analyses.
- Data cleaning and transformation.
- Analysis of data using univariate and multivariate statistics.
- Reliability and hypothesis testing.
- Present descriptive statistics and results of analyses through tables, graphs, etc.
C. Respond to agency-wide staff requests for data related to clients, programs and services (one-time or recurring requests).
- Using agency’s Electronic Health Record system (Evolv), create and automate customized reports.
- Perform data extraction, aggregation and analysis using other agency databases or information sources.
- Collaborate with various departments to determine, define, and support data needs.
- Prepare summary reports in easily understandable formats.
Required Education and Experience:
- A Master’s Degree in applied/social science statistics or other research-related degree.
- 1 – 3 years of experience working with large datasets in academic or real-world setting.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods, hypothesis testing and exploratory data analysis.
- Experience with Electronic Health Records or similar systems.
- Ability to summarize and present data in tables, graphs, etc.
- Familiarity with structured and unstructured data, data manipulation and data integration.
- Ability to manage projects, work autonomously.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to work with a variety of different departments and staff.
How to Apply:
Please indicate "Research Manager" in the subject line when applying. Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Mary Ann Code
Human Resources Department
New Alternatives for Children
37 West 26th Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10010
For more information on New Alternatives for Children, Inc., visit our website at www.nackidscan.org
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion.
Minimum Education Required