125 Broad Street
Digital Organizing Strategist
Position: Digital Organizing Strategist
Terms of Employment: Full-time, salaried
Location: 125 Broad Street, New York, N.Y.
Application deadline: Sunday, September 2, 2018 (with applications considered until the position is filled)
The New York Civil Liberties Union (NYCLU) is one of the nation's leading advocates on behalf of constitutional rights and liberties. Founded in 1951, as the New York affiliate of the American Civil Liberties Union, the NYCLU is a not-for-profit, nonpartisan organization with more than 200,000 members and supporters, and eight offices statewide. We work in the courts, in the legislatures and on the streets to advocate for racial and economic justice, free speech, freedom of religion, privacy and equality before the law for all New Yorkers. For more information please visit our website: www.nyclu.org.
The NYCLU seeks to harness and grow the power of our statewide base of volunteers, donors and supporters. The Digital Organizing Strategist will be responsible for generating compelling campaign actions to cultivate engagement and activation using a range of digital platforms.
· Generate compelling campaign actions and tactics to cultivate engagement across our volunteer base.
· Lead volunteer trainings, manage text and call teams, and develop close relationships with volunteer leaders and key stakeholders.
· Leverage digital tools to grow and mobilize our base of supporters, build political will and advance organization wide goals.
· Attend cross-departmental meetings, and collaborate with communications, development and national staff, to promote consistent messaging across digital platforms.
· Prepare internal reports and provide data-driven recommendations to strengthen online engagement of volunteers, donors and supporters.
· Develop support materials and digital organizing guides for volunteer and cross-departmental events, actions and trainings.
· Assist with other tasks, related to organizing, fundraising and digital engagement, as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this role will have demonstrated commitment to racial justice and experience working in fast paced environment; will have expertise with CRM tools, such as NGP VAN, and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite; will have strong interpersonal skills and experience working with interdisciplinary teams, remote staff and/or volunteers; will have experience organizing integrated advocacy or political campaigns and experience working with remote staff and/or volunteers; will bring a diversity of experience and perspective to the position; will have a demonstrated ability to work well with a team; and will have strong grounding in racial justice, civil rights and liberties.
· 3 or more years of experience in digital organizing
· Expertise with advocacy CRM tools and data management.
· Ability to work irregular work hours, with occasional nights and weekends.
· Excellent written communication skills, and attention to detail.
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
· Ability to demonstrate grace under pressure.
· Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with team members and volunteers, both near and far.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Organizing Strategist” in the subject line.
Please submit a resume with a cover letter (up to two pages) describing:
1. Your unique qualifications for this position
2. Where or how you learned of this job posting
3. Your salary requirements
The NYCLU will accept applications until midnight, September 2, 2018, or until the position is filled and will review applications as they are received. Qualified candidates may be asked to submit additional information, including performance samples and references from people they have worked with in the past.
The NYCLU is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants regardless of race, sex, gender identity, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status or record of arrest or conviction. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and having a workforce that reflects the population that we serve.