475 Riverside Drive
POSITION: Family Services Coordinator (Center)
REPORTS TO: Director of Early LIFE Center and Director of Social Services – Early LIFE
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time
The Family Services Coordinator - Center (FSC) has primary responsibility for planning, organizing, and implementing the Family and Community Partnership service area. The FSC develops and implements Individualized Family Partnership agreements with parents, conducts visits to the homes of the families, and provides direct services to families. The FSC also acts as community liaison for the Early LIFE Pre-school.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
· Organizes, facilitates and conducts meetings and training sessions with parents (completing the Parent Education Training form, after each session).
· Conducts home visits to each enrolled family.
· Develops individualized plans with families, with short- and long-term goals and methods of reaching the goals.
· Participates in community boards, councils, advisory groups, etc., representing the agency.
· Participates in classroom and Parent Committee meetings.
· Provides training to parent representatives.
· Attends grantee pre-service training; participates in delegate pre-service training and maintains ongoing efforts for professional development.
· Maintains family files and other records of activities to promote family partnerships.
· Attends all center biweekly staffing and staff meetings.
· Identifies community resources / services for families served by the Pre-school, establishing and maintaining cooperative relationships with them.
· Advocates for Head Start families and promotes their ability to advocate for themselves.
· Ensures the delivery of social services, emergency and non-emergency
services, directly or through referrals.
· Develops and updates the Community Resources Directory.
· Responds to and follows-up on three-day absences of children.
· Submits accurate, timely reports as requested by Senior FSC, Director of Early LIFE Center or LSSNY
· Ensures absolute confidentiality with respect to information records concerning families and children.
· Performs ongoing recruitment and accurately documents recruitment work.
· Represents Lutheran Social Service of New York’s mission, values, ethics, and upholds agency Code of Conduct at all times.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field.
· One year working with children and families in social service or educational setting.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Bilingual in Spanish a plus
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Able to be an active and involved member of the school program
· Strong time management skills; able to handle multiple tasks and assignments at once
· Flexible, available to work some holidays and weekends.
· Proficient with E-mail, Microsoft Word and internet navigation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send all cover letters and resumes to:
Patricia Eckford-Jackson | Peckford-jackson@LSSNY.ORG
Beatrice Hutcherson | Bhutcherson@LSSNY.ORG
[with "Family Services Coordinator" in the subject line]