Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) exists to break the cycle of poverty and inequity through education, job training, and employment. OBT’s programs operate out of multiple locations and serve as a bridge to economic opportunity for youth, individuals, and families in underserved communities. Through various sector-based pathways, we offer programming that extends from high school equivalency programming to industry-certified training. OBT is funded through a mixture of government contracts, corporate and foundation grants, and private contributions. To learn more about our work, please visit www.obtjobs.org.
OBT is looking for a strong Case Management Supervisor to join our Advance and Earn Program. Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Case Management Supervisor will be responsible for providing reflective supervision to a team of 4 case managers along with counseling, case consultation, community resources and intensive case management services, as needed.
Advance and Earn is an exciting new program that supports opportunity youth ages 16-24 in three program components including contextualized academic programming at the Pre-HSE level, comprehensive High School Equivalency and work-based learning and sector focused advanced training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide strength based coaching and barrier resolution to young adults at all phases of the Advance and Earn model.
· Enhance existing case tracking, case conferencing and group supervision models to assure that young adults and staff are holistically supported.
· Provide clinical supervision to Case Management team.
· Provide case consultation and crisis management support to young adults and staff.
· Facilitate relevant professional development and referrals for external training for staff.
· Support and refine essential skills workshop, observing and providing feedback.
· Monitor the flow of young adults throughout program components.
· Enter, analyze and track data in all relevant systems.
· Develop and oversee initiatives to support client retention and outcome.
The Case Management Supervisor at OBT is expected to have the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
· Belief that workforce development and equity are inextricably linked and have a passionate commitment to OBT’s mission and vision.
· Comprehensive set of clinically informed experiences with young adults.
· Established set of resources for referral and crisis management assistance.
· Demonstrated success in leading and developing counseling staff.
· Experience in developing programmatic systems for supportive services.
· Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external partners.
· Ability to manage, delegate, and prioritize tasks in a fast paced setting.
· Possess a passion for working with Opportunity Youth.
· Be driven to create a strong culture of high accountability and high support.
· Have experience engaging and building relationships with varied stakeholders including young adults, staff and community partners.
· Lead by example and model integrity.
· Value and cultivate a learning environment, embodies a growth mindset.
Education and Experience:
· Master’s Degree in Social Work required.
· Must be a Licensed MSW, or CSW OR signed up for the exam at hire.
· At least 3 years of counseling experience required.
· Some supervisory experience.
· Experience in workforce programs a plus.
Why You Should Join Us:
· Salary: $55k-$58k + full benefits
· Passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s youth and adult communities
OBT values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at our organization means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) exists to break the cycle of poverty and inequity through education, job training, and employment. OBT’s programs operate out of multiple locations and serve as a bridge to economic opportunity for…