Who we are:
DowntownDC is a private non-profit organization that provides capital improvements, resources and research that keep the BID area clean, safe, economically, and environmentally strong and accessible. The DowntownDC BID is a catalyst, facilitator and thought leader in diversifying the economy, promoting public/private partnerships, and enhancing the DowntownDC experience for all.
The Facilities Assistant will cooperate and work closely with the Downtown Day Services Center team and the Director of Homeless Services. The Facilities Assistant will be the first point of contact for internal and primary responsibilities. The role includes but is not limited to: researching and preparing different statistical reports, coordinating projects across departments, and ensuring responsiveness to key partners, in addition to supporting all facilities activities, including maintaining the cleanliness of the center during work hours.
- Assist the Director of Homeless Services in all aspects of program implementation as needed.
- Maintain physical space, ensuring a safe, clean, and functional environment.
- Coordinate all facilities activities, work direction, and support systems.
- Maintain and update administrative policies and processes.
- Set up and organize department's central files, information, filing, and messages.
- Assist facilities staff in locating parts, supplies, and materials.
- Prepare internal documents for events supported by the facilities organization.
- Provide administrative support to the facilities team.
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks associated with front desk operations, special projects, process of correspondence and special documents; ensure the accuracy and completeness of such documents.
- Manage, train and coordinate volunteers with a range of responsibilities associated with the preparation and conduction of volunteer opportunities, volunteer registrations, and volunteer scheduling assignments.
- Acquire proficiency in using the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) to register clients upon their arrival at the Center.
- Develop and maintain volunteer outreach and engagement.
- Experience with data entry, expansive reporting, filing, answering phones, scheduling, and communications.
- At least two years of related experience working in Human Services working with one or more of the following: individuals experiencing homelessness, mental health related issues, substance abuse, domestic violence, HIV/AIDS related issues, and with those living in poverty preferred.
- Extensive use of computerized maintenance management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate professionally, verbally, and in written form with internal and external customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software necessary to create and maintain reports and logs.
- Demonstrated customer service excellence.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Work independently without regular direct supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and distill information, conduct research, collect data, and monitor information changes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good judgment and decision-making ability.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
How to apply:
Applications must be received by February 8th, 2021, to ensure maximum consideration. To apply please attached a copy of your resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience.
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity
As an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, DowntownDC is committed to excellence through diversity; DowntownDC BID recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. Please note that all new DowntownDC BID employees must have permission to work in the U.S.; therefore, employment eligibility verification is required.
Who we are:
DowntownDC is a private non-profit organization that provides capital improvements, resources and research that keep the BID area clean, safe, economically, and environmentally strong and accessible. The DowntownDC BID is a…
Applications must be received by February 8th, 2021, to ensure maximum consideration. To apply please attached a copy of your resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience. Please send documents in PDF format and the email with the subject line “Facilities Assistant Candidate -Your First Name and Last Name”; for example: Facilities Assistant Candidate -John Doe.
Applications must be received by February 8th, 2021, to ensure maximum consideration. To apply please attached a copy of your resume and cover letter detailing your relevant…