Serve as a friendly, welcoming and professional representative of the National Trust in person and by phone, staffing the front desk of the National Trust’s Washington Office, answering the main switchboard, and providing general office support, including assisting with internal newsletter and communications.
- Responsible for timely opening of the office and phones in the morning and closing of the front desk in the evening.
- Answer and direct incoming calls.
- Respond to emails in the general National Trust Feedback inbox from the website, answering questions or routing inquiries to appropriate departments.
- Provide initial triage of preservation-related calls, emails and other requests for information or assistance. Using provided guidelines and knowledge of the National Trust, the preservation field, and preservation-related topics, provide appropriate standardized responses or escalate inquiries for response as needed.
- Ensure that the reception area and main lobby are neat and functioning appropriately.
- Enter invoices relating to Information Technology and Finance into the accounts payable system.
- Open and distribute mail daily.
- Gather information from staff on visitors expected in the building each week and provide information to building security by emailing this information to Penzance or directly to security.
- Greet, announce and assist visitors to the Watergate office, including answering questions about parking, directions and other neighborhood information. · Provide temporary office access cards to visitors, assigning cards upon arrival and retrieving cards up on the guest’s departure.
- Provide general information and assistance to staff as directed by supervisor. Provide support as needed for office services coordinator, including but not limited to, assisting with set up and break down of meeting room tables, chairs and equipment for Trust events. Provide support for daily office services needs of the organization as assigned.
Internal Communications & Organizational Support
- Collaborate with Human Resources and the Executive Office to update content on the Watergate Video Wall.
- Serve as support when needed for content creation and distribution of Sightlines, the National Trust’s internal newsletter.
- Serve as support when needed on TrustNet, the Trust’s intranet, using Unily Software.
- Update Phone list.
- Assist with safety planning and response.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Experience as receptionist or similar customer/visitor service role, particularly in a matrixed and geographically dispersed non-profit. Background or education in preservation or closely related field required.
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal and customer service skills, including ability to communicate clearly in English by phone and in person, and experience relating to and engaging culturally diverse constituents. Friendly and outgoing with a collaborative and proactive work style. Bi-lingual language skills (especially English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Strong written communication skills, including excellent writing, spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills. Experience composing, editing and laying out digital newsletters and web communications preferred.
- Regular, reliable attendance, timeliness and dependability required, with ability to arrive and be ready to begin work reliably no later than 9:00am and work 9:00 am-5:00 pm, Monday – Friday. Some flexibility for earlier or later hours as needed is strongly preferred.
- Basic analytical and problem solving skills, including issue identification and prioritization.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience successfully interacting with key stakeholders, with ability to collaborate effectively across departments. Public contact and ability to work successfully in close proximity to others required.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently and respond to a moderate volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion. Strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment. Ability to work effectively with frequent interruptions required. Able to handle frequently changing and/or unscheduled tasks with accuracy.
- Ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
- Intermediate level proficiency with all Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required; experience with web editorial tools and Sharepont or similar web/design software a plus.
- Minimum physical requirements include but are not limited to the following on an as needed basis to assist with office services functions: ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs; ability to push or pull up to 25 lbs; ability to bend, squat, kneel, twist/turn, climb, and reach above the shoulder.
PAY & BENEFITS
This is a full time, non-exempt level position, eligible for full benefits, including affordable health, dental, vision and life insurance, retirement plan contributions, and 3.5 weeks of paid vacation, plus sick time and holidays.
Hiring range: $38,000-40,000/year annualized from hourly pay