5101 16th Street, NW
Housing Up (HU) is one of the leading non-profit organizations in Washington, DC providing the full spectrum of housing and supportive services to more than 500 homeless and at-risk families so that they can transform their own lives. Housing programs include permanent supportive, rapid rehousing, transitional, and affordable rental housing. Supportive services include case management, employment services, clinical services, housing counseling, resident services, life skills and youth programming.
Under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Human Resources Assistant will assist the Human Resources Coordinator with the recruitment process, onboarding procedures for new staff and help process new hire paperwork, assist with benefits administration, and provide clerical and operational support to the COO and HR Coordinator.
· Participates in recruitment efforts through job posting for exempt and nonexempt personnel
· Assists in carrying out various human resource programs and procedures for the organization
· Assist with new-employee orientations, administers pre-employment tests, and conducts reference checks
· Assists in the exit interview process
· Assists in organizational training and development efforts
· Assists employees and supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures
· Maintains confidential personnel files and personnel actions
· Assists with benefits administration
· Provides clerical and operational support to COO and HR Coordinator
· Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information
· Interacts with and supplies information to job applicants, employees and department heads
· Files documents into appropriate employee files
· Assists or prepares correspondence as requested
· Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the HR Coordinator
· Complete employment verifications
EDUCATIONAL & WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required
· 2+ years previous Human Resources experience
· Proficiency with MS Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Knowledge of ADP, a plus
· 24-30 hours per week
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Part-time salary equivalent to $26,000-$30,000 annually, depending on experience. Housing Up offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, a retirement plan, paid vacation, sick leave, and commuter benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and 3 references via the above website (URL) with “Human Resources Assistant (Part-time)” in the subject line. To learn more about us, please visit www.housingup.org.