Join a great team in our Boston office! Easterseals Massachusetts provides over 20,000 products and services to children and adults with disabilities and their families. We change the way the world defines and views disability by making profound, positive differences in people's lives every day, helping our clients build the skills and access the resources they need to live, learn, work and play.
To provide leadership, strategic direction and collaborative outreach for all employment and transition program development, planning, and growth efforts.
· Assess the needs of transition age youth, high schools/educators, parents and other key stakeholders working with transition age youth.
· Maintain and monitor relationships with key DDS staff to continue growing College Navigator program.
· Cultivate strategic partnerships, and collaborations around employment and transition services in the state.
· Maintain progressive knowledge about all transition related laws, regulations, services and mandates at local, state and federal levels.
· Understand the language and documentation for all transition age youth, including Individual Education Plans, Transition Planning Forms, Summary of Performance and Individual Career Plans.
· Monitor employment staff caseloads and billing for CIES components.
· Monitor College Navigator staff caseloads and EIM billing for DDS contracts.
· Development and monitoring of the annual budgets for Transition and Employment Services
· Work with all Easter Seals programs to further develop synergy in employment and transition services.
· Proactively work with school systems to share knowledge, best/emerging practices and provide consultation on appropriate services.
· Assist with the implementation of marketing strategies to all stakeholders involved in employment and transition, including employers, educators, parents, and state agencies.
· Responsible for performing and/or delegating the interviewing, hiring, and training of seasonal and full time staff.
· Be able to communicate the value of Easter Seals employment and transition services both internally and externally and leverage resources for expansion.
· Exhibit leadership in all department meetings by modeling effective communication and engagement strategies.
Relations with Others:
· Direction is received from the VP of Assistive Technology & Community Support Services
· Supervises all staff in Employment and Transition
· Accepts constructive feedback and modifies actions accordingly
· Accepts assignments in a positive and proactive manner
· Interfaces with the VP, the Management team and appropriate external groups
· Interfaces with employers, clients, disability professionals, and educators
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required
· Able to adapt communication style to effectively communicate with all individuals, including those with differing communication abilities
· Bachelors degree in education, vocational rehabilitation, social work or related field
· Minimum of 3 years of management experience in health, secondary education, rehabilitation, administration, or other human service area
· Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
· Successful experience marketing education and/or health and human services
· Three years in senior management
· Three years experience in short/long range planning, marketing, and customer service
· Demonstrated knowledge or experience of disability related issues as they relate to transition
· Experience in utilizing diverse systems and funding streams to maximize individual opportunities
· Experience working with youth on advocacy issues
· Bilingual Spanish/English
Easterseals Massachusetts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. We base all employment decisions on each individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetics, or any other legally protested characteristic
Join a great team in our Boston office! Easterseals Massachusetts provides over 20,000 products and services to children and adults with disabilities and their families. We change the way the world defines and views disability by making…
Easterseals MA offers Blue Cross Blue Shield health and dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, 403b retirement, company paid STD/LTD/Life/AD&D insurance, continuing ed and tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, PTO, a 35 hour work week, and much more!
Easterseals MA offers Blue Cross Blue Shield health and dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, 403b retirement, company paid STD/LTD/Life/AD&D insurance, continuing ed…