Job Title: Program Manager
Job Location: Yemen- Multiple locations - 20% office work, 80% fieldwork and travel
Duration: 6 months
MedGlobal is an international medical non-profit organization providing health services to people in need, including refugees and displaced persons, in disaster and underserved regions. The organization is composed of medical and public health volunteers of diverse backgrounds. MedGlobal offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
Responsible for coordinating, consolidating and ensuring smooth implementation of program and operations’ activities and adherence to logistics, human resource, administration and security procedures.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Responsible for collecting projects' needs and risk assessments.
- Facilitates and participates in the organization of the capacity building activities.
- Provide quality control and guidance to employees/volunteers regarding supported hospitals activities.
- Create curriculum, training materials, ensuring quality of materials and activities.
- Nurture and expand contact with local partners, local authorities, and local communities’ leaders in the project’s targeted areas.
- Develop and implement a quality assurance system in the health facilities including morbidity and mortality reviews, grand rounds, case reviews and medication use audits.
- Ensure analysis of medical data, and provide explanation and comments on the medical activities on weekly, bi-weekly, and Monthly basis.
- Communicate and meet with interested parties regarding potential activities, including potential or current donors
- Represent the organization in cluster and coordination meetings with the other implementing partners and other meetings as necessary.
- Represent MedGlobal at the various countrywide, regional, and local meetings of the UN and other refugee agencies
- Build partnerships with other NGOs and continue to investigate resources available in the area.
- Help create processes for hospitals functions with input from the MedGlobal leadership
- Ensure implementation of activities as per the work plan and all related documents and logistics are prepared and approved.
- Ensure timely achievement of the project’s activities, goals, and objectives.
- Provide oversight of volunteer logistics from arrival to departure in Yemen, including orient volunteer providers to clinic processes on-site
- Ensure Standard list of medications, medical equipment and consumables in accordance with WHO’s commodity list.
- Act as a resource to collect and disseminate information to potential and upcoming volunteers, including collection and distribution of required written materials
- Work closely with Liaison and Procurements Officer to obtain appropriate permissions for medical volunteers to practice in Yemen and obtain a VISA, if applicable
- Maintain contact with Partner NGO(s) for issues including staffing and supply issues, volunteer transportation and accommodation, and troubleshoot any potential issues
- Manage country monthly monitoring & evaluation reports, financial reports and all the required documentation per organization policy, in coordination with the Finance and Operation Director.
- Participates in the selection, follow up of doctors, clinical officers, nursing and medical related staff in cooperation with the different supervisors, and the HR department.
- Ensures that job descriptions of all medical, nursing and midwife are properly done and updated and staff understand their responsibilities.
- Ensures that all medical staff promotes and maintains confidentiality regarding all patient cases, records, informed consent in case of need to transfer data or take photos.
- Perform additional duties at the request of the Program Coordinator