130 Bishop Allen Drive
This position will oversee all levels of technical support for the Cambridge and Africa offices, working to administer and optimize use of cloud-based systems including Google Apps, Box, Mimecast and OneLogin. This position will play a key role in system selection & administration, user support and training, and vendor/budget management. This position will also be expected to make material contributions to IT Operations policies, procedures and strategy.
- Provide daily IT support and training to our Cambridge office and to our staff in Africa.
- Serve as the primary IT support administrator in Root Capital’s headquarters in Cambridge, MA by managing our support case ticketing system and responding to ad-hoc requests.
- Troubleshoot various issues in a predominantly PC and cloud-based environment, including heavy video conferencing support.
- Manage network of independent IT consultants serving our Africa offices.
- Maintain and optimize hardware and software supporting offices and users in Cambridge MA, Latin America, Africa and Indonesia, including but not limited to: new user creation, user management, asset management, networking/internet connectivity, and setup and distribution of new laptops.
- Make recommendations for selection of new IT hardware, software and associated vendors.
- Ensure Root Capital has the right network infrastructure and hardware devices to support Root's global operations.
- Recommend and implement best practices regarding data security, disaster recovery and compliance oversight.
- Complete monthly network monitoring, tracking networks across all regions and reporting on anomalies.
- Point person for coordination and execution of quarterly laptop sweeps across the entire organization, designed to proactively identify and address any issues related to viruses, malware or malicious browser extensions.
- Work closely with international IT consultants to ensure quality of sweep and standardized metrics globally, as well as coordinate remote support sessions with regional staff.
- Makes key contributions to development of Root Capital’s IT strategy, which should address technology management, staff and vendor management, risk management and other considerations in the enterprise IT environment for how IT should create value for the organization in alignment with Root Capital’s business strategy.
- Manage IT Operations policies and procedure manuals.
- Responsible for vendor management for IT operations vendors serving Root's Cambridge HQ and Africa offices, including management of contract renewal and invoice payment
- Assist Senior Director, Finance & Information Technology with management of IT Department Budget.
Skills and Education
- 6-8 years of experience in IT support, IT systems administration and network administration required
- IT support / helpdesk experience, including user and account creation and management and managing support tickets and drop-in requests, is required
- Experience with cloud-based IT systems, such as Google, Box.com, OneLogin, Mimecast, and video conferencing systems (such as WebEx, Skype, etc.) is required. Prior experience training others on these systems a plus.
- Data Security, Disaster Recovery, and Compliance oversight experience required
- Experience creating and maintaing technical documentation desired
- Experience performing Quality Assurance (QA) testing of new software and features is strongly preferred
- Experience facilitating in-person and virtual training sessions for end users and other trainers desired
- Windows workstation (Windows 7 and Windows 10) support experience required
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences required
- Ability to maintain elite customer service orientation, including expectations of initial ticket response times within 4-8 business hours, is strongly preferred
- Strong and creative problem solving skills, responsiveness, pride in work, and enthusiasm for innovation through technology are all desired
- Self-motivated candidates with a strong desire to excel preferred
Commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required