New York NY
Police Athletic League (PAL) is the largest independent youth organization in New York City that provides educational and recreational activities for children and young adults. PAL Inc. and The New York City Police Department work in partnership to provide communities with summer and after-school recreational and educational activities.
We are looking for a Part-time SYEP Site Monitor who will be responsible for assist youth in identifying their career interests through exposure to different industries, occupations, educational pathways, and the requirements for success in each of them. The SYEP Site Monitor will enable youth to acquire positive work habits and develop employment‐related skills and provide a valuable work experience at job sites that are safe and well supervised.
This position will start June 19 and end tentatively August 17th.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate Orientation/Education Workshops to 30 - 40 SYEP participants with a provided curriculum.
- Serve as a mentor to participants by supporting positive behavior, work skills development and teaching life skills to youth.
- Conduct weekly site visits. Collect timesheets on a weekly basis and ensure completion with accuracy, Site Monitors must travel from worksite to worksite in assigned borough daily.
- Prepare weekly assessment reports in a detailed and concise manner that reflect field observations.
- Ensure participant timesheets completed accurately.
- Cooperate and maintain a working relationship with worksite supervisors.
- Communicate with the Program Manager(s) regarding any conflicts.
- Maintain participant files, timesheets, and evaluations.
- This position requires travel to the main office located in Queens at least twice a week.
- Attend all related meetings, training, and supervisions as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Youth related degree with direct experience in youth development or work readiness programs is preferred.
- Ability to serve as a strong role model, provide guidance to young workers, and mediate conflict as needed.
- Flexibility in schedule and some evenings/weekends will be necessary.
- Computer literate and competency in MS Word, Excel.
- Multi-tasker and exceptional communication skills a must.
- Possess strong supervisory, collaboration and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
- Ability to work independently and to work as part of a team.
- Bilingual a plus.
No calls, please. External recruiters and agents, please don’t contact this job poster.
Police Athletic League seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at PAL are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required