231 Winston Street
Please join the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Los Angeles Council in its mission to serve those in need. We currently have an opening for a Case Manager in our Social Services Department at the Cardinal Manning Center in the skid row area of downtown Los Angeles.
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES:
Ability to outreach to, and engage homeless individuals, conduct thorough assessments, case planning, and case management services, including assisting clients in accessing behavioral and physical healthcare, educational, vocational, job search and placement needs, legal issues, benefits, and assist with determining eligibility, and providing assistance to apply for subsidized, and other permanent housing opportunities.
- Passion for the Society’s Mission of helping those in need;
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree in a social services or a related field from an accredited college or university;
- Experience working with homeless individuals, and familiarity with resources to meet the various needs of that population;
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Strong attention to detail, dependable, and responsible in meeting deadlines, and maintaining up to date client documentation;
- Experience with electronic client record systems is desired;
- Ability and flexibility to participate effectively as a member of a case management team;
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and other Microsoft programs;
- Must possess your own vehicle, current California Driver’s License, and insurance coverage; and
- Bilingual language skills in English and Spanish are a plus.
If interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com by March 15, 2018 to be considered. Only candidates that meet ALL of the minimum requirements will be considered. Otherwise, please do not apply. SVDPLA offers a generous Benefit package, which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a pension plan.
SVDPLA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.
Medical, Dental, Vision, sick, vacation
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual language skills in English and Spanish are a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resumes to Renee Fishman at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2017.