Summary: Oversees the daily functions of the Residential Department ensuring the individual's rights to quality care and housing. Supervises the Residential Program Coordinators and Department staff as designated.
Reports To: Vice President for Residential Services
- Monitor the daily operations of residential facilities and programs to ensure the rights of the individuals and a safe environment.
- Oversee the timely and appropriate maintenance of all mandated and assigned programmatic and fiscal records.
- Supervise, monitor and evaluate the performance of Residential Program Coordinators and other Residential Program Coordinators and other residential administrative staff as appropriate.
- Provide supervision, training and guidance to residential management staff to ensure that all programs maintain compliance to agency policies and OPWDD regulations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to maintain compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and Lifespire policies.
- Ensure that the supervision performance appraisals and appropriate disciplinary action of Residential line staff takes place in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Collaborate consistently and constructively with other Residential and Lifespire administrative staff for the integration of services and efficiency of operations.
- Interact cooperatively and professionally with outside service representatives, families, consumer advocates and monitors/evaluators of services and programs.
- Conduct periodic observation of Residential programs and monitor the completion of all programmatic records.
- Cooperate with overall program, agency goals, policies and practices.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred, in education, psychology, social work or related health and human services field. At least five years working for people with disabilities and at least three years working in a senior administrative position in a residential program or other related health care setting.