Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
555 Franklin St
We want talented people from diverse backgrounds and experiences, who are inspired by our mission steepedinequity, and who are motivated to unleash our students’ potential. We want people who are strong collaborators, skilled communicators, problem solvers and who are comfortable in a community of continuous learning. As Chief Development Officer, you will serve akeyexecutiverole at SFUSD, supporting the Board of Education, Superintendent and executive leadership in fostering a culture of philanthropy within the organization.
We expect our Chief Development Officer to:
Be the external face and internal leader of SFUSD’s fund development function and efforts
• Serve as the President of Spark SF Public Schools, the District’s 501(c)(3) vehicle, and steward its’ Board of Directors, as well as oversee all administrativefunctions, including:recruitingtheBoardof Directors,partneringwith the Chairman to develop an annual fundraising plan and ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and laws to maintain 501(c)(3) status
• Steward key investors and ensure all funding partner relationships are cultivated toward mutual goals and objectives that promote multi-year investments
• Serve as liaison to the SF Mayor’s Office in coordinating and managing strategic relationships with existing and emerging business and philanthropic partners
• Manage the “Circle the Schools” program, alongside the San Francisco Education Fund and sf.citi, to augment volunteer opportunities for small to mid-size corporate partners and create stronger affinity between the business and school communities
• Guide executive and mid-level district staff to institutionalize philanthropy and fund development
• Partner with the SFUSD Communications Department and senior leadership to promote the SFUSD brand in the community and manage press with key funders to highlight successful investment results and news stories
Develop and execute a comprehensive fund development strategy aligned to SFUSD’s vision and strategic plan
• Provide critical fundraising capacity to help SFUSD strategically engage funders, improve communications, and increase our district’s private revenue
• Evaluate internal and external factors impacting fund development to inform recommendations for short andlong termfund development plans and programs
• Develop and implement annual fundraising plans aligned to Spark SF Public Schools and district fundraising priorities and targets, anchored to SFUSD’s vision and strategic plan
• Plan and manage an annual development event to highlightthe successof SFUSD’sinvestmentand to raise funds for targeted priorities anchored to SFUSD’s vision and strategic plan
• Establish performance measures, monitor results and help the Superintendent, executive leadership, Spark SF Public Schools and the Board of Education evaluate the effectiveness of SFUSD’s fund development efforts
Lead our SFUSD Fund Development team
• Manage the Development team, including the hiring and development of team members, setting and managing the annual budget, and ensuring positive relationships and the support of central office departments and schools
• Ensure the Development team maintains appropriate systems and strategies to develop funds, including but not limited to volunteer programs (Circle the Schools) and major investor stewardship, research and cultivation, gift processing and recognition
• Ensure all grant reporting requirements are fulfilled in an accurate and timely fashion to ensure transparency and credibility with the funding community
• Provide general oversight of all of SFUSD’s fund development activities; manage the day-to-day operations in coordination with central office and school staff, district leadership and the Spark SF Public Schools and SFUSD boards
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, flexible spending account options, and vacation time.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- Visit https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/1005764 to review the full job description and complete the application.
- You will be prompted to electronically attach a letter of interest, resume, letters of recommendation and any applicable credentials or licenses.
- Our Human Resources team will then review your entire application to determine your eligibility status and contact you directly should you move forward in the process.