Details: commensurate with experience
3400 West Bayshore Road
The Girls' Middle School
Imagine a school where each day is alive with learning, creativity, and a spirit of adventure. The Girls’ Middle School is committed to progressive education and innovative programming, meeting the needs of a wide range of middle school girls. GMS educates girls during a pivotal time in their lives. Our project-based curriculum encourages creativity, problem solving, and independent thought. Attention to girls’ emotional and social growth develops self-knowledge and confidence as well as teamwork and leadership skills. A GMS girl discovers her strengths and expresses her voice while respecting the contributions of others.
GMS celebrates and is inclusive of different perspectives coming together in community. We are committed to broadening the diversity, in all dimensions, of our staff.
Working at GMS
· Joyful, inclusive, and respectful community of students and adults
· Passionate, mission-driven, and highly collaborative staff
· Focus on supporting girls to discover their strengths and find their voice
· Belief in the value of a diverse and equitable school environment
· Professional development strongly encouraged and supported
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Associate provides support and coordinates key areas of the development program pertaining to database management, gift processing, and special events. The Development Associate works closely with the Director of Development, Alumnae Affairs and Communications Director, and Business Office on various activities to promote the advancement of the school.
· Manage all aspects of the Development database (Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge.
· Oversee gift processing and acknowledgement.
· Coordinate mailings for solicitations, invitations, and annual report.
· Maintain and create various fundraising reports.
· Work with GMS Business Office to reconcile financial records monthly and support annual audit process.
· Support the production of a variety of print and digital publications.
· Coordinate and/or support special events, work closely with parent volunteers, create print and digital materials, and manage ticket sales.
Qualities of a Successful Candidate:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· 1 – 3 years experience in development/advancement position with similar responsibilities; preferably in an independent school.
· Database management experience, preferably with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge.
· Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite.
· Ability to manage highly sensitive financial and other personal information with confidentiality and discretion.
· Ability to work independently and take initiative to meet deadlines in a time sensitive environment with attention to detail and accuracy.
· Flexible and collaborative with a growth mindset.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience and good judgment; prior volunteer management helpful.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Send a resume and letter of interest to:
Theresa Winterbauer Martinez, Director of Development
Minimum Education Required