CAMBA needs ABE instructors to teach part-time at its 885 Flatbush Avenue site in Brooklyn.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The person filling this position is expected to: (1) research and develop instructional materials and lesson plans; and, (2) instruct adults in academic and/or nonacademic subjects.
- Familiarity with best practices, including the whole language, balanced literacy, and Freirian methodology; familiarity with 'at-risk" and ethnically-diverse populations
- Familiarity with Internet sites of relevance to learners, both to support classroom instruction and to enhance community engagement and/or knowledge of subjects being discussed in class.
- Familiarity with Common Core State Standards.
- Ability to integrate workplace skills in class activities and help ESOL students apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
- Ability to integrate computer skills into the classroom instruction while working with students of different technical skills.
- Ability to adapt to the culture and environment of classes in a community-based organization setting or in a public school setting.
We have vacancies with the following schedules Monday through Friday:
Morning (9 am to 12 noon)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resumes