1025 "F" Street, NW
District of Columbia
The National Endowment for Democracy (NED), a congressionally funded, private, nonprofit grant making organization that works to support freedom around the world, seeks a Program Assistant. This is an entry-level position on our Eurasia regional program team. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
The Program Assistant provides day-to-day administrative and programmatic support to the Eurasia program staff.
· Provide general administrative support to the Eurasia Section staff;
· Receive, process and distribute incoming proposals and grantee materials;
· Respond to general inquiries regarding the proposal process;
· Assist in preparing proposal summaries, budgets and related materials;
· Provide programmatic support to Program Officers and the Senior Director;
· Maintain a database of contacts in the region;
· Help to organize meetings, roundtables and other events on Eurasia-related topics;
· Provide logistical support for staff and grantee travel.
Bachelor’s degree in political science, regional studies, international relations, history or other relevant discipline;
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
Administrative and/or programmatic experience, preferably in the nonprofit sector.
· Other Qualifications:
Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the political and civil society issues in Eurasia;
Strong written and oral communications skills in English required;
Fluency in Russian (reading, writing and speaking) is required;
Proficiency in other languages used in the region is an advantage;
Fluency in English with strong writing skills is required;
Authorized to work in the United States.
Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task;
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
High degree of organization and initiative.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, completed NED employment application, salary history with requirements, and contact information for three professional references. Please send a brief email to email@example.com, with Job #1821 – PA, Eurasia - YOUR NAME in the subject line. The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit our website at www.ned.org. Please, no phone call inquiries. www.ned.org/NED-Full-Employment-Application.pdf