The Manager of Benefits and Employee Wellbeing reports to the AVP Human Resources and is the point of contact for all benefit administration. The Manager maximizes vendor resources to provide the best possible service and education for employees; maintains a focus on providing solutions that enhance wellness and supports a culture of achievement. Serves as a member of the HR team, contributing to advancement of the department’s vision and mission.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
· The Manager creates opportunities to expand understanding of all benefit offerings and provide resources to increase the financial, physical, and psychological wellbeing of all employees.
· Provides education on all benefits and keeps abreast of the market, making recommendations to supplement and update offering to keep competitive and provide services aligned with employee needs.
· Works closely with the AVP to communicate, educate and market all benefits to employees. Works collaboratively with the People team to develop compelling materials for on-boarding, e-boards, intranet, and other digital placements.
· Conducts new hire and monthly benefit orientations as part of the regular on-boarding process.
· Processes benefit bill and COBRA administration for accuracy and timely payment.
· Leave administration – works with UNUM to make certain that leaves are administered consistent with policies and with compassion and empathy.
· Workers Compensation – administers claims, focuses on trends and makes recommendation for training or business process changes.
· Mobile Health – point of contact for COVID screening working directly with the third party and the medical assistants. Reviews reports on a regular basis. Communicates with supervisors, employees and third parties as appropriate.
· Works to increase employee participation in retirement planning. Coordinates training and individual meetings.
· Integrate and make effective use of EAP, mental health and other behavioral programs as part of overall employee wellness.
· Assist other HR staff by making benefits, wellness and total rewards a part of the talent acquisition, management process, and training programs.
· Coordinates and hosts wellness clinics and trainings.
· The Manager will have at least 5 years of previous experience focusing on benefits and wellness programs.
· A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
· Employee Benefits certification a plus.
· Effective verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
· Effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
· Strong knowledge of computer applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet software.
The Manager of Benefits and Employee Wellbeing reports to the AVP Human Resources and is the point of contact for all benefit administration. The Manager maximizes vendor resources to provide the best possible service and…