Full Time Temporary Contract
Title: Fundraising Operations Manager
Department: External Relations
Reports to: Director, Individual and Major Giving
Location: 39 Broadway
Who We Are:
For 35 years, Food Bank For New York City has been the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end hunger throughout the five boroughs. Nearly one in five New Yorkers relies on Food Bank for food and other resources. Food Bank takes a strategic, multifaceted approach that provides meals and builds capacity in the neediest communities, while raising awareness and engagement among all New Yorkers. Through its network of more than 1,000 charities and schools citywide, Food Bank provides food for more than 61 million free meals per year for New Yorkers in need. Food Bank For New York City’s income support services, including food stamps (also known as SNAP) and free tax assistance for the working poor, put more than $110 million each year into the pockets of New Yorkers, helping them to afford food and achieve greater dignity and independence. Food Bank’s nutrition education programs and services empower more than 50,000 children, teens and adults to sustain a healthy diet and active lifestyle on a limited budget. Working toward long-term solutions to food poverty, Food Bank develops policy and conducts research to inform community and government efforts.
To learn more about who we are, our organizational core values, and how we serve as Food Bankers, please visit Our Approach.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As the Fundraising Operations Manager, your primary objective is to ensure the integrity of all donor and financial data critical to the execution of all External Relations fundraising streams. Support the efforts of the development team through a variety of responsibilities in Individual Giving, Foundation and Corporate Giving, database management and on-going cultivation activities. Liaise with Finance and provide primary point of contact for revenue reconciliation.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Database Administration and Maintenance (80%)
- Manage the input and extraction of financial data into the Raiser's Edge database for cash and in-kind gifts. Tracks pledges, both outstanding and for reporting;
- Manage Luminate Online; including TeamRaiser and Advocacy sections. Serve as the gatekeeper for all email marketing lists, map all donation and event pages.
- Maintain data hygiene through table cleanup, merging duplicate records, etc. Manages corrective action on data problems.
- Lead trainings in proper methods of data collection and input utilizing Raisers Edge as the database of record for the entirety of External Relations.
- Direct staff in best practices for all other data management, including contact management, action tracking, and additional non-financial data; maintain user-friendly procedures manual for proper use of Raiser's Edge database.
- Facilitate reconciliation of revenue data-including donor restricted data--among caging, donor information and accounting systems in close collaboration with Finance.
- Assist in data integration projects including CERES, Hands On Connect, and potential CRM systems
- Create queries and reports from Raiser's Edge including but not limited to: direct mail lists, event mailing lists, financial reports, weekly internal fund audit reports.
Fundraising Operations (20%)
- Serve as checks and balance for gift entry and acknowledgment into Raiser’s Edge.
- Manages donor acknowledgement program with input from fundraisers
- Manages relationship with several different vendors including Blackbaud, caging firm, printer and implementation partners to ensure business continuity and operation success.
- Evaluate and implement projects for outsourcing on one-off or ongoing basis.
- Build the moves management system in Raiser’s Edge to track and report on fundraising activity and revenue.
- Measure the integrity of Raiser’s Edge and activities of the Fundraising Operations
- Carry out all other fundraising operations tasks and assignments as directed by the Director of Individual and Major Giving.
To be successful in this role you will excel in three areas :
- Attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Multi-task, able to set priorities
- Organizational skills
Qualifications and experience that this role requires :
- Bachelor's degree;
- Experience working with outsourcing firms and the creation of departmental practice manuals;
- Strong knowledge of Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge and Luminate Online with emphasis on list management and file maintenance including building queries and reports within Raiser's Edge;
- Strong knowledge of fundraising concepts and policies, especially gift acceptance, donor stewardship, and moves management.
- Knowledge of Omatic software desirable;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Excellent organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and excellent time management skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to set priorities, manage projects and juggle multiple priorities to meet deadlines and deliverables; and
- Experience in or knowledge of social services and hunger issues is a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to Food Bank’s core values
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous process improvement
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Kindly submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com with Fundraising Operations Manager/ Idealist in the subject line. Thank you.