1563 Mission Street
Are you a team player that takes initiative and is comfortable with change? Do you want to assist clients with their job search, housing search, and/or educational goals using strength-based approaches? Would you enjoy teaching workshops on re-entry related topics and skills including money management, budgeting, interviewing, and legal resources? If so, HealthRIGHT 360 is currently looking to fill our Re-entry Case Manager position opening at our Resource Center in San Francisco, CA. The ideal candidate has experience in re-entry case management, communicates effectively, and enjoys teamwork. In this position you will gain experience and knowledge of best practices for working with diverse populations with multiple barriers, improve group facilitating techniques, and time management. Sound interesting? Below you will find a more detailed description of some of the duties and requirements for this position.
HealthRIGHT 360's Resource Center provides education services, employment services, housing services, and economic and supportive services to clients who are enrolled in Walden House residential or outpatient programs. This department focuses on the strengths and skill sets of clients and fosters a professional environment where clients feel valued and respected as they work towards their re-entry related goals. In addition to scheduled workshops, staff hold daily morning meetings and provide individual counseling.
- Meets regularly with each client on their assigned caseload and provides support and counseling throughout clients’ job and/or housing search process;
- Workshop/Support Group Responsibilities: Facilitates a daily morning meeting; teaches workshops related to money management, interviewing skills, job and housing search skills, and re-entry readiness skills and develops special workshops material;
- Treatment Liaison and Community Collaboration Responsibilities: Collaborates with other HealthRIGHT 360 staff to ensure each client is receiving appropriate services and attends other programs' staff meetings.
HealhRIGHT 360 offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, FSA, and retirement.
Level of Language Proficiency
- BA in Social Work, or related field
- Experience in case management and direct service delivery, especially as it relates to employment and housing counseling; Able to explain and counsel others about the details of the job and housing search process
- Demonstrated ability to work well with diverse populations with multiple barriers to educational and vocational success including low literacy, learning disabilities, physical disabilities, history of incarceration, previous experiences of homelessness and trauma
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with other staff, community organizations, and the community
- Understanding of basic money management skills and the intersections of money, employment, addiction, housing and recovery; Ability to clearly explain these concepts and strategies for building economic self-sufficiency
- Able to write and format resumes, cover letters, and other documents for/with clients
- Outstanding ability to follow-through and create organization systems
- Team oriented and strong ability to independently assume responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex policies pertaining to social service benefits and housing
- Excellent verbal and written communication, planning and time management skills
- High degree of creative energy and the ability to adapt easily to change
- Mastery of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet applications
- Experience teaching adults and/or facilitating workshops
Minimum Education Required