Maintains on‐going face to fact contact with youth and their families.
Prepare cases for presentation for monthly interdisciplinary case reviews and participates actively in the development of comprehensive service plan.
Helps to establish continuity of care for youth and their families by building effective relationships with significant individuals and service providers in the location where the family resides.
Maintains regular contact with significant others involved in the service planning and provision process, i.e. youth specialist, educational personnel, court and legal representatives, foster parents, medical personnel and other caseworkers involved.
Assures a holistic, culturally sensitive, family centered and child‐focused
presentation of case particulars.
Represents the agency in neighborhood service network
meetings and other forums and participates in other community educational activities.
Maintains accurate and up‐to‐date electronic and paper case records. Complete, accurate and timely documentation of casework activities is a critical element of this position.
Facilitates regulatory compliance with City and State standards of practices. Completes and submits all necessary reports (e.g., service plans, permanency hearing reports, progress notes), as required,
in a timely fashion.
Travel between multiple boroughs.
Performs all other duties as assigned.
SCO Family of Services is an equal employment opportunity employer
- Bachelor degree in a related field is required
- MSW preferred.
- Spanish speaking preferred
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS
- Be team players.
- Have a strong sensitivity to cultural differences present among staff and clients within our organization.
- Possess a strong belief in people’s ability to grow and change; forge a mutually respectful partnership with persons served and their families.
- Ability to set limits and maintain helping role of practitioner and to intervene appropriately.
. WORKING CONDITIONS
Working conditions vary between office work and field visits.
. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Participate in staff and/or team meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible to maintain a caseload.
Minimum Education Required