Trainer and Curriculum Development Specialist – Care Coordination and Care Management
- Job posted by Primary Care Development Corporation
Details: Competitive salary
45 Broadway, 5th floor
PCDC’s Population Health Management program works with health care organizations to implement strategies and improve staffs’ ability to address the medical, behavioral, and social issues of their panel of patients, particularly those of high risk, high need individuals through practice transformation processes and outcomes. Our team offers individualized coaching, facilitates learning collaboratives, provides consulting, leads quality improvement projects, develops curriculum and delivers training programs designed for our client’s needs. Our goal is to transform primary care organizations by building their capacity to manage their patient population. Our particular expertise is to support or develop care management and care coordination programs that provide integrated, team-based care, so that practices are better able to provide high quality care, thereby improving the health of their population, and reducing overall cost of care.
PCDC seeks candidates for the role of Trainer and Curriculum Development Specialist. The trainer and curriculum development specialist is responsible for the development and writing of training curricula, manuals and toolkits that support PCDC’s care coordination and care management training programs. PCDC’s trainings are highly interactive and creative and require the trainer to have strong facilitation and communication skills. Candidates for this position must possess excellent writing and editing skills, be able to develop interactive activities and exercises, and have had previous experience working with patients in a safety net medical or social service environment.
- Work with PCDC project staff to develop care coordination and care management training curricula
- Deliver trainings and facilitate discussions with clients on topics that may include but are not limited to: (a) how to assess barriers that patients may face in terms of engaging in and accessing care; (b) supporting patients with chronic conditions and mental health conditions; (c) communicating effectively with patients, families and care teams; (d) care coordination and/or care management operations and workflows; (e) delivering team-based or integrated services; and (f) coordinating care for patients with substance abuse issues, housing challenges, and history of trauma
- Provide project management support for training and coaching projects including working closely with PCDC clients, assessing their needs, writing proposals, and designing project work
- Design instructionally sound training and technical assistance strategies and curriculums, drawing on the principles of adult learning theory
- Review and provide edits and/or updates to current PCDC Performance Improvement curricula
- Design and conduct needs assessments and determine the types of training and delivery methods required
- Develop or provide input on evaluations for specific curricula
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with safety-net (Medicaid and uninsured) patient population and/or providers
- Bachelors or Master’s degree, CHES, MPH, or certification in education, training, instructional design, public health, organizational development, or equivalent course of study
- Teaching and/or training experience
- Excellent public speaker and listener who feels comfortable facilitating group exercises, role plays, report outs and group discussions
- Superior relationship building and communication skills
- Skilled in the use of software required to perform job duties, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Go-to-Meeting and Dropbox
Desirable Skills and/or Experience
- Nursing or social work license/work experience
- Experience working in a health center or primary care organization
- Experience in areas of case management, care management, or care coordination
- Healthcare advocacy perspective
- Performing arts or public speaking experience
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter, resume, available start date and salary requirements to email indicated with "Trainer and Curriculum Development Specialist” in the subject line.