Details: This job is an hourly position and is estimated up to 20 hours per week. Salary is commensurate with experience.
6 Community Road, Marblehead, MA
JTI-Boston (JTI) is a nationally-recognized model for Jewish teen engagement, serving the North Shore and Metrowest suburbs of Boston. Now in our ninth year, the part-time Office Administrator (working from our Marblehead office) will play an essential role as we continue to grow, broadening the menu of opportunities for teens throughout the community.
The Part-Time Office Administrator will:
- Maintain accurate financial records through basic bookkeeping - code transactions and donations in QuickBooks, record, send and/or pay invoices, serve as point-person for payroll company; work with Operations Manager during financial audit, serve as main point of contact with accounting subcontractor.
- Manage data entry into database for donors, program participants, community partners and media contacts. This includes helping maintain the system and software, running basic reports and ensuring accuracy of data.
- Help ensure smooth operation of JTI office, monitoring phones, general emails, mail, office equipment and supplies.
- Provide administrative support to JTI staff, board and sub committees as well logistics and details for teen programs, marketing materials, and other communications.
- Serve as a voice of JTI -- for teens, parents, community leaders, volunteers, board members and professional staff—via telephone and email.
- Work approximately 20 hours/week, submitting a detailed bi-weekly timesheet
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details with a professional, friendly demeanor
- Experience in bookkeeping with a history of strong communication and organizational skills, keeping staff, accounting professionals, board members and vendors on the same page
- Previous database experience (eTapestry / Blackbaud database experience a plus)
- An ability to work independently as well as working with professionals and volunteers
- A willingness to help out where needed
Jewish Teen Initiative’s office is located at 6 Community Road in Marblehead, MA.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required