High School Math Teachers 2018-2019 (Leadership Public Schools Hayward, Oakland, or Richmond Campuses)
- Job posted by Leadership Public Schools
Details: Competitive compensation commensurate with prior experience and education.
Leadership Public Schools is seeking applicants interested in teaching Math
for openings for the upcoming 2018-2019 school year.
About Our Organization:
Leadership Public Schools (LPS) is a network of urban charter high schools whose mission is to create educational equity. We empower students for college, career, and community leadership and share our practices on a national scale. LPS has been recognized for closing the achievement gap and fostering a culture of innovation.
LPS values the role teachers play in supporting student achievement and personal development. Our teachers value collaboration, celebrate diversity in perspective and background, take risks, and show flexibility to continuously improve instruction and student learning.
We are seeking teachers who believe:
- all students can learn at high levels
- all students deserve an education that prepares them for college, career and community leadership
- schools play a vital role in promoting social justice and disrupting patterns of inequity
We are seeking teachers who have demonstrated:
- a commitment to working with the communities we serve
- academic expertise and an enthusiasm to work with young people
- reflection and growth after struggle, failure and/or feedback
- powerful collaboration within a team
Applicants should be prepared to learn about or lead on:
- creating culturally responsive classrooms that develop a sense of belonging for all students
- providing access to rigorous learning that leads to results for all learners
- utilizing of data to refine curricula and inform instruction
- leveraging technology to drive student achievement
- contributing to student development and leadership outside of the classroom
Why We Work at LPS:
LPS is driven by a deep respect for our teachers and staff, and a commitment to the professionalization of teaching. We embrace collaboration, risk-taking, and flexibility in order to improve instruction and student learning.
<iframe class="ql-video" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HMNgvJmxdkY?wmode=transparent&jqoemcache=7Ryds" height="349" width="425"></iframe>
OUR STAFF IS AT THE HEART OF OUR SUCCESS.
If you think you would make a positive and lasting difference
in our student's lives we want to hear from you!
Compensation is commensurate with experience and education. We offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Choice of Kaiser or Anthem Healthcare plans
- Vision and dental coverage
- Disability and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for unreimbursed medical, dependent care
- State Teachers’ Retirement (STRS)
- Option to participate in voluntary benefits: Aflac, Commuter Checks, LifeLock
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit:
- Cover Letter
Leadership Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity at