2121 Crystal Drive
The Membership Manager will play a leading role in the recruitment, retention, and engagement of members, partners, and supporters, and in building awareness for the Council on Foundations’ programs, products, and services, as well as the overall brand.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversee member application and orientation processes; coordinate and lead member benefit refresher calls.
· Generate qualified member leads and identify at-risk members and develop marketing and outreach strategies and tactics.
· Monitor and report on key metrics related to membership and generate reports to inform engagement strategy.
· Process and acknowledge all dues payments including those paid in the form of grants; draft and distribute will pay by reminder emails; and resign and acknowledge non-renewing members.
· Coordinate donor requirements for grants and contracts.
· Support annual renewal and recruitment campaigns including by defining targets and confirming dues amounts.
· Facilitate speaker and complimentary registrations for events and provide administrative support onsite at select convenings.
· Track and acknowledge arrival and departure of foundation CEOs and other key staff.
· Build strong relationships with organizations within portfolio; engage through regular communication.
· Serve as liaison to development, finance, and professional development teams to support grant applications and fulfillments, reconcile dues and donations, annual audit, and more.
· Proactively recommend changes to membership benefits, print and digital collateral, and internal workflows and processes.
· Provide exceptional customer service support to members and prospective members via phone, email, and in-person in a timely manner.
· Create and update accounts; log interactions; etc. in CRM.
· Draft membership focused e-communications, newsletter updates, letters, website content, and social media posts.
· Motivate and educate staff to participate in membership recruitment and retention.
· Promote and market programs, resources, events, and initiatives.
· Serve as backup and support to Membership Associate.
· Create and maintain internal standard operating procedures.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· A minimum of four years or related experience. Experience in fundraising greatly valued.
· Strong project management and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet competing deadlines.
· Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Customer Relationship Management (Nimble/Salesforce) platform.
· Must be a goal oriented, creative thinker who can conceptualize and deliver on ideas; and work independently without direction or with a team to drive projects forward.
· Exceptional writing, editing and interpersonal skills.
· Proven project management skills and experience in delivering high quality projects on time
· Must be a doer, able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment with demanding deadline schedules.
· Strong customer service orientation and satisfaction in providing assistance.
· Must enjoy working with and analyzing data.
· General knowledge of philanthropic sector and grantmaking organizations is a plus.
· Possess an entrepreneurial spirit.
· A sense of humor is appreciated.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org