Details: commensurate with education and experience
1400 Main Drive NW
District of Columbia International School (DCI) is a public charter middle and high school in DC. We aim to provide our students with a world-class education that empowers them to follow their passions and change the world. DCI’s education centers on the:
- International Baccalaureate curriculum framework;
- Advanced language learning in Chinese, Spanish and French; and
- A culture focused on student agency supported by 1:1 technology.
We currently serve 800 racially and economically diverse students in grades 6-10. We have moved to our beautiful new building on the Walter Reed campus, where we will grow into a 6-12 middle and high school and serve 1500 students.
While only in our fourth year, DCI has become an IB World School and has been rated Tier 1, the highest rating by the Public Charter School Board. We are dramatically increasing our staff in 2017-18 and look forward to receiving your application. Come join a great team building a great school!
DCI is hiring full time Ed Office Manager. Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to pass a background check. No phone calls please.
Position Overview: This position has two major buckets of work: Hiring, scheduling, and supervising substitute teachers; and managing student information, including incoming student records, transcript and other records request, and student attendance. This position is a twelve-month position with hours during school days beginning at 7am.
Qualifications: Applicant will have a college diploma or substantial school work experience. Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred. Ability to lift and carry orders and deliveries short distances. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Comfortable in a Mac environment. Able to draft and create documents and spreadsheets, to be flexible in time-sensitive situations, and to create and follow data systems.
- Interview, hire, and onboard substitute teachers, as well as interact with outside providers of substitute teachers and guest educators
- Track staff absences
- Schedule substitute teachers for classes and other duties as needed
- Maintain student attendance records; track and report needs for attendance interventions, and communicate with families regarding attendance
- Gather academic records for incoming students
- Manage and update academic record-keeping throughout the academic year including: • Grade entry • GPA and transcript updates • Score data (PSAT, SAT, ACT, Subject tests, AP tests)
- Provide transcripts and other student information needed to families, scholarship programs, colleges, etc.
- Assist in student scheduling each academic year
- Interact with parents and students in a professional and inviting manner
- Translate documents, meetings, and phone calls between Spanish and English
- Embrace French, Spanish, and Chinese cultures by leading and participating in cultural activities for faculty and students
- Commit to environmentally sustainable business practices
- Other duties as assigned
DCI faculty and staff embrace the rigor and commitment necessary to build a shared culture and vision. We want you to join our team dedicated to social justice, environmental stewardship, diversity, internationalism, and interdisciplinary education as reflected in the International Baccalaureate curriculum framework. We expect that all of our students can achieve academically at the very highest levels. Our mission statement reflects our core values: DC International School inspires inquiring, engaged, knowledgeable and caring secondary students who are multi-lingual, culturally competent, and committed to proactively creating a socially just and sustainable world.
DC International School is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural and multilingual environment.
DCI is committed to the principles of servant leadership and to providing faculty and staff with the resources and training they need to provide an excellent education experience for every student and family.
- We have a benefits package that includes health and disability insurance and paid leave.
- We offer teachers daily planning time, professional development, and reasonable class sizes.
- Teachers and staff have the appropriate technology and support to do their work.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required