The Copyright Alliance is the unified voice of the copyright community, representing the interests of thousands of individuals and organizations across the spectrum of copyright disciplines. The Alliance is dedicated to advocating policies that promote and preserve the value of copyright, and to protecting the rights of creators and innovators. The individual creators and organizations that we represent rely on copyright law to protect their creativity, efforts, and investments in the creation and distribution of new copyrighted works for the public to enjoy.
We are seeking a Digital Marketing Assistant to support our digital presence concerning advocacy, education and membership efforts. You'll work collaboratively with teams across the Copyright Alliance to create emails and web content that is engaging, on-brand, and on-target, while listening to and representing the voices of our members, supporters, partners, and followers. You'll also support the Alliance's membership goals, uncovering opportunities, overcoming challenges and fueling success across multiple engagement platforms.
• The successful candidate must be strategic, analytical, organized, and efficient – often managing multiple SEO projects and priorities simultaneously. Mastery of SEO best practices, and proficiency in technical SEO initiatives, is a must. Expert user of SEO software is also required, including proficient knowledge of Google Adwords, Google Search Console, Screaming Frog, and SEMRush.
Additional requirements include:
• Proficiency with web analytics tools (Google Analytics) and ability to consistently be a strategic thinker. Track record for delivering projects and completing tasks on time. A solid understanding of online marketing reporting and quantitative analysis.
• Identify opportunities to improve the website (Wordpress) to best reflect organization goals. Take ownership of website maintenance, improvements, and content updates. Possess understanding of how to implement and administer SEO functional requirements for XML sitemaps (video, news, and standard), robots.txt, canonicals, taxonomy, and schema).
• Demonstrate excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills, such as enthusiasm, being a team player, working as a professional, being well organized, a self-starter, and demonstrating commitment to hard work.
• Improve traffic and search rankings for priority keywords as well as perform content gap analysis and create recommendations in coordination with elements and structure of websites and web pages.
• Conduct monthly SEO/metrics reports and assist the Director, Member Engagement in drafting the quarterly reports.
• Identify opportunities and analyze key performance indicators in the marketplace to improve search visibility, and consistently improve engagement resulting in qualified traffic through organic search.
• Analyze, strategize, implement, monitor, and report ongoing SEO efforts to stakeholders while ensuring that business goals are met.
• Assist the Director, Member Engagement with membership assignments including but not limited to: Email marketing, membership reports, recruitment and engagement strategies, and communications.
• Work as part of a collaborative team to develop and implement effective digital marketing strategies.
• Serve as a knowledgeable and accessible resource about digital marketing strategies, helping our teams and partners achieve desired outcomes while further building the Alliance’s brand and profile.
• Stay abreast of innovative digital marketing methodologies and strategies, further your knowledge of industry trends and best practices, and foster a solid understanding of our mission and values.
• Perform other duties as assigned, including (but not limited to) live and virtual event assistance.
Education and Professional Competencies:
• University major(s) that is/are consistent with Digital Media/Marketing.
• Ability to foster strong business relationships at various levels.
• Experience with graphic design tools and video editing software a plus.
• Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere.
• Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points.
• Display high levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
• Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills.
The Copyright Alliance is the unified voice of the copyright community, representing the interests of thousands of individuals and organizations across the spectrum of copyright disciplines. The Alliance is dedicated to…