465 California Street
The Associate, Grants and Publications will work across departments to ensure that Room to Read’s work is represented in a thoughtful, streamlined, accurate, and efficient manner to individual, corporate and foundation, and government donors. This person will be responsible for coordinating communication between the global office and the country offices to ensure that program information is flowing efficiently and creating high quality donor communications across all markets and types of donors. The Associate will report directly to the Associate Director, Grants and Publications, and will gather information to create reports and proposals, as needed. This a full-time position located in San Francisco.
The Associate, Grants and Publications, will also be responsible for initiating and managing process improvements around donor communication and creating external messaging for donors on Room to Read’s programmatic work as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft high-quality reports and proposals and meet deadlines.
- Coordinate and gather program information from the country offices, as needed.
- Review content from country offices to assess gaps in program information.
- Coordinate with the programs team, the Associate Director, Grants and Publications and country offices to answer outstanding questions in the reports.
- Edit documents from country teams to ensure content is relevant and appropriate for multiple types of donors.
- Review new content (e.g. quarterly reports, implementation calendars, etc.) and assess the content’s use in reports and grants.
- Liaise with the RM&E team to gather global indicator data needed for reports and proposals.
- Liaise with the DevCom Department teams, International Operations and country team members to enhance information gathering and reporting processes, as directed by the Associate Director, Grants and Publications.
- Ensure Room to Read’s global project database is kept up-to-date with accurate and appropriate information and dates.
- Disseminate best practices to colleagues in donor reporting and proposals, as needed.
- Create external messaging for donors around complex programmatic and operational issues.
- Create standardized report design and graphic assets.
- Support relationship managers with strategic and one-off requests for donor resources and communications.
- Support leadership (including CEO, Founder, CDCO) with donor communications as necessary.
- Collaborate with Shared Services and International Operations teams to create and initiate process improvements and system enhancements for reporting and capturing data.
- Help produce and design standard donor reports for wide distribution.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Proven track record of working successfully in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple projects and priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Adept at using MS Excel, MS Word, database systems and communicating over e-mail
- High attention to detail
- Flexible and an ability to multitask
- Ability to troubleshoot and proactively problem solve
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must take initiative and have a strong work ethic
- Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people either within or outside of the United States
- Prior experience working or volunteering in an organization that is focused on educational quality or knowledge of education programming within or outside of the United States
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative
Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Benefits include health, dental, vision, long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits and a 401K match. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing the world through the lifelong gift of education.
Global Office - Main - San Francisco
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Minimum Education Required