Reports to: Executive Director, Operations Manager
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is made up of a growing team of communications, research, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns. People of color, members of the LGBTQA+ community, persons with disabilities, veterans, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Executive Assistant’s core responsibilities will revolve around providing top-notch administrative support to the Executive Director and working with the Operations Manager to run the day-to-day operations of the office and foster a great working environment for the entire team at The Hub Project. Top candidates will be passionate about working on progressive issues in a fast-paced environment and eager to learn on the job.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Manage calendars and provide administrative, writing and research support to the Executive Director.
- Organize, coordinate and schedule meetings, events and conferences.
- Take notes at meetings as requested and ensure follow-up items are communicated to the appropriate parties.
- Manage expense accounts, assist with budget related activities and process grants, contracts and payments.
- Assist with other duties as assigned, including those related to operations, campaigns and events.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well on a team.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Sense of humor and flexibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- 1 - 2 years of experience in a role that requires a high level of organization.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund's work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
E-mail your resume and cover letter as PDF or Word attachments to: email@example.com. Please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.