Executive Assistant to the President
- Job posted by Americans United for Separation of Church and State
1310 L Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Executive Assistant to the President
Americans United for Separation of Church and State is a nonpartisan educational organization dedicated to preserving the constitutional principle of church-state separation as the only way to ensure religious freedom for all Americans. We use high-impact litigation, powerful lobbying and grassroots advocacy to ensure that religion does not dictate public policy, that the government does not tell Americans what to believe or how to practice their faith, and that discrimination is not justified under the guise of religion.
The Executive Assistant to the President provides high-level administrative support to the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Americans United for Separation of Church and State. Managing the President and CEO’s calendar is a major responsibility of this position. Additional support includes managing travel arrangements, handling information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, conducting research, preparing reports and receiving visitors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain the President and CEO’s calendar with internal and external appointments. Manage and balance competing scheduling demands in light of the President and CEO’s strategic goals and vision.
- Arrange travel and scheduling for speaking engagements and other presentations.
- Draft and edit brief reports, memos, letters and other documents.
- Assist the President and CEO on special projects.
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties.
- Greet visitors and determine whether they should have access to specific individuals.
- Manage President and CEO’s correspondence; analyze mail to determine its significance and plan its distribution.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for the President and CEO’s mobile devices and desktop.
- Support the President and CEO’s physical and digital documents filing.
- Conduct internet searches and research to assist the executive office with projects and meeting preparation.
- Passionate about and motivated by AU's mission and work
- Excellent communicator
- Excellent at organization and time management
- Adept at handling multiple priorities simultaneously
- Takes initiative
- Composed and manages stress well
- Technically capable
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and may require night or weekend work.
This position does not require travel.
- 3+ years of experience in an administrative or support role (especially supporting executive-level staff and/or a Board of Directors) preferred.
- Experience in planning meetings and strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to work in a team with management staff in conjunction with the President and CEO.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat and web-based research. Competent on both Mac and PC.
- Upbeat and outgoing nature, sense of humor and positive attitude required.
- Excellent research and writing skills a plus.
Health Care, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short -Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Smartcard or parking assistance, 401(k) with match. Great working atmosphere!
Submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample. Please tell us where you saw this posting and send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position is filled. No calls please.
Health Care, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short -Term Disability, Long Term Disability, SmartCard or parking assistance, 401(k) with match. Great working atmosphere!
Minimum Education Required